Process Safety Engineer Manager
Company: Manpower Engineering
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Develop, implement, lead, and oversee activities related to
Process Safety Management (PSM), Risk Reduction, Process Safety
Incident Prevention, as well as regulatory compliance. Works to
ensure that policies, programs, procedures are in place and
effective to protect the health, safety of site personnel,
neighboring communities and maintain compliance with applicable
national, state and local laws. Responsibilities
- Develop and implement process safety management program,
procedures, practices. Manage PSM audit processes and leading
metrics to ensure the health of the program, verify compliance and
drive continuous improvement.
- Critically review process safety risk and ensure adequate
layers of protection, risk controls and effective mitigation are in
place. Identify and track needed actions to reduce risk at the
site/scenario level. Ensure process safety activities are well
targeted to risk reduction, release prevention and compliance.
- Follow regulatory trends and initiatives related to process
safety globally. Meet and consult with authorities on regulatory
matters as needed to assure that operates in compliance with the
applicable regulations and follows recognized and generally
accepted good management practices.
- Identify, communicate, and escalate process safety related
risks internally to on personnel. Articulate the basic process
safety management regulatory requirements. Work with site personnel
and Engineering to ensure Process Safety requirements have been
incorporated into proposed projects and/or activities (Design with
EHS in Mind).
- Ensure adequate and appropriate PSM related training for
personnel. Develop training programs, secure outside training as
necessary, select/recommend sources for training and materials as
needed. Conduct PSM related training as required. Ensure training
is in place for effective PHAs/PHA Team Leaders and also for
- Direct the implementation, maintenance, and improvement the
Process Safety Management program. Set the direction for process
safety strategy and continuous improvement to deliver real risk
reduction, 100% compliance and zero PSM related incidents.
- Select, hire, and effectively manage direct report resources.
Train and coach for career development. Participate in the
interview/selection process for direct and site level resources.
- Develop and manage budgeted spend related to process safety at
the corporate level and provide input to site level budget needs.
Escalate the need for resources and projects related to process
safety (unbudgeted or unanticipated) as required.
- Serve as Technical Expert for Process Safety, Hazard Analysis,
Layers of Protection Analysis, Facility Siting. Facilitate global
teams, councils and forums. Attend external conferences and
training to remain current on industry best practices, enforcement
- Lead or participate in investigations related to process safety
incidents/near miss events. Ensure PSM aspects are considered.
Share incident learnings across sites globally. Cascade corrective
actions to prevent similar or future related incidents. EDUCATION &
- BS or MS degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, Chemistry, or similar
- 10+ years relevant work experience in Process Safety
- 10+ years of experience in chemical/refining/pharma/nuclear or
- PHA Trained Team Leader, PSM Auditor, LOPA
Keywords: Manpower Engineering, Richmond , Process Safety Engineer Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!