Company: Keeping Current Matters
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Are you an experienced finance leader looking to build out the
finance function the way you know it should be built? Are you tired
of people saying that accounting should be in a certain box? Are
you ready to help shape the future of Richmond's 9th fastest
We are looking for a controller - we might say a "super controller"
- to lead the accounting and finance efforts at KCM and be a
partner in our next phases of growth!
- You are a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership. You
don't know the meaning of the words, "I don't know how" or "I
can't." You find the answer and do everything you can to overcome
- You are forward-looking. You leverage your past experience and
thirst for knowledge to create strong directions for the future.
You understand and appreciate the evolving needs of a fast-growing
- You have a flair for numbers. You love spreadsheets, math, and
using numbers to tell a story. You are a whiz with Excel and love
showing others all of the cool things it can do (that none of the
rest of us realize).
- You are NOT a bean counter. You value precision and the proper
accounting of all things, but you know the true power of finance is
in making powerful and confident growth decisions.
- You are a connector of dots, not just a collector of them. You
understand the past and use that as a tool to help predict the
future. This is what we do at KCM!
This is the job for you!
Since 2007, Keeping Current Matters has been helping real estate
agents save time and build confidence with easy-to-deliver
marketing content powered by the latest market insights. At KCM, we
believe knowledge is power. That's why our innovative approach to
educational content and real estate marketing helps agents become
more confident and stand out as the market expert.
In addition to leading the execution of traditional accounting
functions, you will contribute to KCM's vision by...
- Preparing monthly internal financial statements (MTD and YTD) -
P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements with comparisons to
prior year periods and budget; as well as financial KPIs (to be
developed). Author a succinct Management Discussion & Analysis
(MD&A) review of the performance for the period to accompany
- Working with KCM's senior leadership team to format and prepare
an annual operating budget by month (income, balance sheet, and
cash flow statement formats) for the business, including budgets by
department as required.
- Working with all departments to develop key operational metrics
and tracking to enhance company's decision making.
- Performing financial forecasting, reporting, and revenue
modeling to accurately predict growth opportunities.
- Directing financial review & analysis, due diligence, and
modeling for prospective business investments: new product/platform
launches, significant operating projects, acquisitions, etc.
- Managing third party vendors providing administrative support
to the corporation including payroll processors, benefits
administrators, credit card processors, office lessors/landlords,
among others - to provide a smooth, predictable operating
For success in this role, you'll need---
- At least 7-10 years of accounting experience, preferably 5+
years of supervisory experience
- Expertise in strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting,
modeling, and reporting
- Demonstrated experience using Excel to build and maintain
complex financial models as well as perform financial and data
- Prior experience in a small, fast-paced business that
experienced significant growth
- Proficiency in accounting software, including strong knowledge
of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite
- Deep familiarity with GAAP & financial reporting
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively
manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem-solving, and
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques
Ideally you possess---
- CPA or MBA
- SaaS experience
- Prior experience as a member of a leadership team
The Whole Package:
- Location: Richmond, VA (ONLY remote during COVID-19)
- Competitive compensation package with performance bonus
- Health Insurance with employee premiums 100% covered (family
- Vision & Dental Insurance (Optional)
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 3% of salary and bonus
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Work with great people!
We only hire people who lead, own, and exceed in everything they
At Keeping Current Matters, we care about people! That's why, we've
intentionally designed a culture-forward organization that is
driven by our desire to educate ourselves, our members, and each
other. We are built upon a shared set of core values that were
designed to fill you with drive and compassion. You won't just find
these values hanging on an office wall, but you will find them in
each of us. Together, we strive for excellence. We are strategic.
We are game-changing. We are ambitious. We take risks. And we have
fun! So, if you're someone who is determined to make an impact,
thrives on open and real communication, and aspires to be part of
an empowering team that redefines what's possible, then Welcome to
KCM has been recognized in each of the last 6 years by, Great Place
to Work and has even hit number 65 on, Fortune Magazine's Best
Small & Medium Workplaces--- 2020.
KCM is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and
are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
Keywords: Keeping Current Matters, Richmond , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!