Senior Accountant (Remote)
Company: Wesco Distribution
Posted on: June 25, 2022
WESCO is seeking a Senior Accountant. In this role, you will
maintain financial records and ensures that financial transactions
are properly recorded. You will ensure the accuracy of entries to
ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the
general ledger. You will prepare complex balance sheets, profit and
loss statements and other financial reports. You will analyze
current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations
incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. In addition, you
may guide lower-level accountants.
- Prepares journal entries, analyzes accounts, prepares
statements, and assists accounting manager with monthly closing and
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries
for accounts, including general ledger and document business
- Maintains and coordinates implementation of accounting and
- Resolves and corrects billing, inventory, costing, and other
- Prepares documentation of processes and procedures and
- Prepares general ledger account reconciliations.
- Researches and explains general ledger account variances to
trend, budget, and prior year.
- Monitors and reviews accounting and related systems' reports
for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares and reviews budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries,
invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyzes revenue and expenditure trends and recommends
appropriate budget levels, and ensures expenditure control.
- Explains accounting policies to staff.
- Recommends, develops, and maintains financial databases,
software, and manual filing systems.
- Supervises input and handling of financial data and reports for
company automated financial systems.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors in completing
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
- 3 years required, 5 years preferred of accounting
- 2+ years of public accounting experience required, Big Four
- Pertinent state and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Accounting theory, and application of principles and
- Principles and practices of financial record keeping and
- Analysis and interpretation of complex financial and
- Assembly and preparation of data for reports.
- Strong office and computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to prepare, examine, and verify financial reports.
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative working
- Able to research and analyze varieties of information.
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and
affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate
against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion,
color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran
status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is
not limited to the following: recruitment and employment,
promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training
including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded FORTUNE
250 company, is a leading provider of business-to-business
distribution, logistics services and supply chain management
solutions. Pro forma 2019 annual sales were over $17 billion,
including Anixter International which it acquired in June 2020.
WESCO offers a best-in-class product and services portfolio of
Electrical and Electronic Solutions, Communications and Security
Solutions, and Utility and Broadband Solutions. The company employs
over 18,000 people, maintains relationships with over 30,000
suppliers, and serves more than 150,000 customers worldwide. With
nearly 1.5 million products, end-to-end supply chain services, and
leading digital capabilities, WESCO provides innovative solutions
to meet customer needs across commercial and industrial businesses,
contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications
providers, and utilities.
WESCO operates nearly 800 branch and warehouse locations in over 50
countries, providing a local presence for customers and a global
network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national
At WESCO, we build, connect, power, and protect the world. We have
the capabilities and expertise to deliver the latest technologies,
including: Industrial networking, Intelligent buildings, Cloud
computing, Alternative energy, Broadband communications, Critical
infrastructure protection, LED lighting retrofits, and Physical
Keywords: Wesco Distribution, Richmond , Senior Accountant (Remote), Accounting, Auditing , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!