Assistant to the SAO for Equity and Community - 502228
Company: University of Richmond
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Assistant to the SAO for Equity and Community - 502228SUMMARY:
The Assistant to the Senior Administrative Officer (SAO) and Equity
& Community Leadership Team provides administrative and operational
support for the Senior Administrative Officer for Equity &
Community, the Executive Director of the Bonner Center for Civic
Engagement and the Director of the Office for Institutional Equity
and Inclusion. This role serves as the primary point of operational
and administrative matters such as executive scheduling,
confidential administrative support, payment processing, budget
management, and database management.RESPONSIBILITIES: Executive
- Manages daily administrative activities, including
communications, contacts, calendars, conflict resolution, research,
and other activities for the Equity & Community Leadership Team
(SAO and two department directors).
- Assesses and prioritizes matters requiring the attention of the
Equity & Community Leadership Team, addressing incoming issues and
determining appropriate course of action, referral or
- Anticipates needs and proactively addresses issues in a timely
manner; helps to balance the demands of the leaders' time among the
University leadership team, direct reports, staff, and other
University constituents in order to ensure integration of
institutional goals and priorities.
- Prepares briefing materials and reports, agendas, and
- Provides operational and administrative support for unit
initiatives such as the Bias Resource Team; Institutional
Coordinating Council for Thriving, Inclusion, Diversity and Equity;
Board of Trustees DEIB subcommittee; Community Dialogue
Facilitation Network; and unit and departmental staff meetings and
all-staff professional development activities.
- Coordinates scheduling, event logistics, and payments for
internal and public-facing unit-level events.
- Monitors, coordinates, and processes payments, including P-Card
reconciliation, travel and expense reimbursement; TIDE grants; and
participates in budget planning and management, as required.
- Maintains and/or updates and tracks data to maintain records
and databases, as appropriate, including confidential materials;
submits relevant reports.
- Organizes and facilitates various special events, meetings, and
conferences related to supporting the SAO, directors, and the
- Serves as a member of the unit's Operations team.
- May supervise student workers.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability
to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a
- Demonstrated executive support skills, including considerable
independent judgment, problem-solving, and ability to anticipate
needs and address them proactively.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the
ability to set priorities and coordinate multiple assignments with
fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to use tact and diplomacy in the effective
management of high-level and sensitive interpersonal issues with a
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of discretion
and confidentiality in the performance of duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree
- At least four years of experience that directly relates to the
duties and responsibilities specified.WORK HOURS:
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75
hrs./weekSALARY STRUCTURE: Pay Grade 5 (Hiring Range $18.79 to
$24.90 per hour)
Keywords: University of Richmond, Richmond , Assistant to the SAO for Equity and Community - 502228, Accounting, Auditing , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...