Catering Administrative Assistant
Company: Omni Hotels
Posted on: February 16, 2020
LocationRichmond HotelIdeally located in the heart of everything
that makes Richmond a unique and special destination, the Omni
Richmond Hotel is known for refined Southern hospitality in an
elegant and relaxing setting. Nestled within the historic and
vibrant Shockoe Slip district, our guests enjoy a location adjacent
to timeless architecture, restaurants, nightlife and the scenic
James River. The Omni Richmond is at the very center of Richmond's
financial and legislative districts, blocks from the Virginia State
Capitol.Omni Richmonds associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work
environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the
pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for
exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and
empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated
person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Richmond Hotel may
be your perfect match.Job DescriptionTo be the first impression of
all guests calling in to the Catering Sales office to request
services and take inquiries in a friendly, professional manner. To
support the catering sales & conference services team by ensuring
the successful organization and operation of the office
administration and function. To work with the catering sales &
conferences services team in order to support their objectives to
seek out and maximize hotel revenue opportunities. The
Administrative Assistant will possess the following strengths: high
energy, professional attitude and image, the desire learn and build
upon existing administrative and customer service skills, mastery
of common Microsoft Office software products, ability to multi-task
and analyze data, and to be an effective communicator both verbally
and in writing.ResponsibilitiesTo ensure the catering sales &
conference services team are provided with accurate and effective
administrative back up, support and information with which to carry
out their roles successfully.
- To develop and maintain productive, service focused working
relationships with external and internal customers, representing
the company and becoming a known point of contact.
- To provide accurate, up to date information to appropriate
internal contacts, responding to requests in a timely manner, and
maintaining a working knowledge of the hotels products and
- To book all internal department meetings and hotel trainings
with internal contacts, booking meeting space and creating banquet
event orders to distribute to operations departments.
- To distribute banquet event orders, BEO counts and changes,
communicate effectively and efficiently with banquet and culinary
- To continually audit and review office management and
administration systems, implementing improvements where necessary
and keeping the office appropriately stocked with supplies at all
- To maintain an accurate Delphi database for catering and
updating information when necessary. This includes but is not
limited to updating seasonal Banquet Menus and updating Delphi
resources as needed, running reports as needed.
- To develop and utilize a working knowledge of catering sales &
conference service managers events within a rolling 10 day
- To manage the Delphi and associated software systems, ensuring
operating procedures and standards are met and new staff trained in
- To provide account management support when catering sales &
conference service managers are out of the hotel including but not
limited to: checking email, informing managers of any customer
issues, and partnering with the catering sales and conference
service managers regarding all catering related
- Perform daily and weekly tasks as outlined in Catering Sales
Assistant Daily Tasks & Responsibilities.
- To have a personal impact, taking responsibility and using
initiative to resolve issues.
- To approach tasks orderly, with tenacity and determination,
completing work to the required standard within the deadlines
- To maintain a high level of professionalism in dealings with
- To be motivated, committed and enthusiastic, seizing
opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing
- To maintain team focus by showing co-operation and support to
colleagues in the support of department goals.
- Additional responsibilities and/or special assignments may be
required at the request of hotel management.QualificationsThe
individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with efficiency and ease.
- Highly organized.
- Knowledge of Delphi event management system, a plus.
- Knowledge of resort facilities and operations, a plus.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment, where the need
for adaptability, flexibility, and quick thinking are
- Ability to maneuver up and downstairs and between
administrative offices and around hotel for mail, correspondence,
copies, and faxes, etc.
- Able to communicate effectively in EnglishOmni Hotels & Resorts
is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the
Law poster and its supplement are available using the following
links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statementRefer this job
to a friendJob LocationsUS-VA-RichmondPosted Date2 weeks
ago(1/27/2020 3:59 PM)Requisition ID2020-44150of Openings1Category
(Portal Searching)Catering and Convention Services
Keywords: Omni Hotels, Richmond , Catering Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!