Administrative Assistant - School of Law
Company: University of Richmond
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Administrative Assistant - School of LawSUMMARY: Provides a
variety of administrative support for full-time and visiting law
professors. Also, supports the E. Claiborne Robins Distinguished
Chair in Law, and the Director of Academic Success. Coordinates and
facilitates meetings, program functions, and/or special events.
Works independently, anticipating and prioritizing tasks. Must be
well-organized and complete tasks in a timely manner with
meticulous attention to detail.RESPONSIBILITIES:Administrative
- Supports the E. Claiborne Robins Distinguished Chair in
- Supports Director of Academic Success.
- Ensure faculty's coursework is set up on Blackboard and link
enrolled students. This entails posting course information,
documents, presentations, and class handouts on Blackboard, as well
as composing and sending students emails from Blackboard.
- Textbook orders.
- Prepare letters of recommendation from faculty for
- Prepare student rosters, seating charts, and tent cards for
- Proctor exams and collect papers.
- Faculty manuscripts - proof and make edits when
- Manage and submit memberships, subscriptions, travel, and other
expenses for reimbursement for faculty.
- Serve as backup for administrative
- Handle routine office tasks.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to prioritize workload from faculty members
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- High level of initiative, resourcefulness, independence, and
attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse faculty,
students, staff, and visitors
- Ability to work well on a team and have solution driven
- Technology savvy/ability to quickly learn new
technology/software programsKnowledge of the following applications
and equipment are desirable but not required:
- Microsoft Office SuiteEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor's degree
- Two to four years of office experience preferred.WORK HOURS:
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75
hrs./weekSALARY STRUCTURE: Pay Grade 3 (Hiring Range $15.88 to
$18.68 per hour)ABOUT UR:At the University of Richmond, we're
creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission
is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond.
Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of
Richmond ( ) blends the intimacy of a small college with
exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually
found only at large institutions. There's only one place like
Richmond.UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and
student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which
values the expression of differences in ways that promote
excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and
institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our
academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and
candidates who support diversity. EOE
Keywords: University of Richmond, Richmond , Administrative Assistant - School of Law, Administration, Clerical , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!