Senior Platform Enginer - Media
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Video playback is a huge part of online life. Mozilla's media
playback team is building the best possible video playback
experience for the web. Are you a client-side engineer with media
playback related experience who loves collaborating with smart,
committed engineers passionate about the open web? Then we'd love
to hear from you!The media playback team supports everything around
audio and video in Firefox, so we welcome broad experience across
different platforms. The media team is responsible for maintaining
open standards and features revolving around media playback,
improving performance of video playback particularly for higher
resolution content like 4K and 8K, improving color depth and HDR
support, and for supporting playback through digital rights
management.In This Role, You Will
- Be a technical leader for the team and help drive features and
projects from start to completion.
- Define and drive architectural improvements for media in the
Gecko Browser engine.
- Improve the video playback capabilities in the Gecko browser
- Write software in C++, including tests and documentation.
- Investigate and propose solutions and architectural changes to
improve performance, reliability and reduce power usage, especially
on Android devices.
- Work closely with other teams within Mozilla and outside of
- Participate in regular code reviews.You Should
- Be proficient in C++.
- Be familiar with video demuxing, coding, and playback
- Have strong debugging and optimization skills in a
- Have at least five years of experience as a software
engineer.It helps if you already have experience with, or are keen
to learn about:
- Implementing web standards.
- Rust software development.
- Familiar with client-side graphical rendering concepts.
- Helping and mentoring junior team members.
- Working in a diverse community spanning many regions and time
- Open source collaboration tools.About MozillaMozilla exists to
build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because
we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled.
When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a
difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a
chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us
to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity
and innovation for everyone online.Commitment to diversity, equity,
inclusion, and belongingMozilla understands that valuing diverse
creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich
the company's core mission. We encourage applications from
everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such
as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous
persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual
orientations, gender identities, and expressions.We will ensure
that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as
appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com
to request accommodation.We are an equal opportunity employer. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and
texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress
practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color,
national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status,
disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition,
medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or
veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws.
Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any
of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct,
or purpose.Group: DReq ID: R1966
Keywords: Mozilla, Richmond , Senior Platform Enginer - Media, Advertising , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!