Senior Project Architect - Education
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Senior Project Architect - Education - ( 210002PF )
We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather
create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior
Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces
that foster a culture of collaborationspaces that are designed for
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a
space good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and
interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are
meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of
creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces
We are looking for talented Senior Project Architects to join our
Arlington, VA Charlottesville, VA Richmond VA Philadelphia PA and
Washington DC offices.
Your Key Responsibilities:
The Senior Project Architect is a licensed professional with
responsibility for project performance in terms of design
excellence and technical quality. Additional responsibilities
include but are not limited to:
- Assist in preparation of project budget, schedule and overall
- Utilize Revit in development of three-dimensional models of
buildings and their components.
- Prepare documentation in various architectural phases including
site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections,
- Interpret and apply building codes, energy codes, and
requirements of regulatory agencies.
- Assure permit requirements for local jurisdiction building
permit sets are achieved.
- Coordinate building systems (structural, mechanical,
electrical, etc.) and associated documentation including clash
detection within the BIM model.
- Coordinate with and direct external consultants including
evaluation of quality and progress of work.
- Execute building design using sustainable design
- Lead project coordination and site meetings with internal team
members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and
- Participate in client project meetings.
- Participate in value analysis, constructability reviews and
basic cost estimating.
- Recommend and assist in the selection of building systems and
- Be responsible for the accuracy of and assist in the
preparation of specifications.
- Participate in bidding and negotiation and preparation of
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on own
- Proactively inform the construction process in maintaining
quality standards and adherence to the contract documents.
- Review shop drawings and submittals, respond to RFIs, prepare
site observation reports, and other construction administration
- Coordinate the efforts of the production team to ensure that
work conforms to project budget, schedule, and overall work
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in the K12 and Higher Education markets strongly
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to
- Strong technical competence. Ability to faithfully execute and
support design ideas through well-conceived, constructible, and
- Ability to apply accessibility codes, applicable building
codes, and life-safety codes to a wide variety of project scopes
- Proficient in use of Revit preferred.
- Design-focused, team player, flexible, responsible, organized,
rigorous thinker, committed to high quality, personable with strong
communication skills. Open minded and curious.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 15 years of experience
- Professionally accredited degree in Architecture or equivalent
in support of architectural license required.
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP perferred.
- Letter of interest, resume with list of representative
projects, and sample of portfolio work.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining
sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure
to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and
other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or
may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on
each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the
world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Virginia-Arlington
Other Locations : United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, United
States-Virginia-Charlottesville, United States-Virginia-Richmond,
United States-District Of Columbia-Washington
Job : Architect
Organization : BC-1779 Buildings-US Mid Atlantic
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 4, 2021, 3:00:38 PM
Req ID: 210002PF
Vaccine Policy: Beginning December 8, 2021, Stantec requires North
America employees in many positions to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been
granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious
belief, as required by law.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified
employees and applicants for future and current employment and
prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in
decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion,
compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any
other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local,
state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable
opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including
Keywords: Stantec, Richmond , Senior Project Architect - Education, Education / Teaching , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!