Teacher - Reading Specialist - Evergreen Elementary
Company: Chesterfield County Public Schools
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Plans, delivers and evaluates instruction based upon specific
standards and objectives established by Chesterfield County Public
Schools. Assists students in learning knowledge and skills which
will contribute to their development as mature, able and
Essential Job Functions
- Diagnoses and identifies students with deficiencies in language
- Plans and delivers instruction to students identified as having
deficiencies in these areas.
- Uses the curriculum of the district, including those resources
approved for remediation purposes, to plan daily instructional
- Closely monitors progress of the students.
- Collaborates with the administration and staff in planning for
the instructional needs of all students.
- Participates in ordering and disseminating language arts
- Oversees all language arts assessments and documentation
procedures as prescribed by the Virginia Department of Education
and Chesterfield County Public Schools.
- Models instructional strategies and best practices for
- Coordinates tutorial services.
- Plans and implements motivational programs to promote
- Coordinates informational programs on reading and writing for
- Attends monthly Reading Specialist/Lead Teacher meetings and
disseminates information and instructional strategies to the staff
in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates commitment to improving professional
- Performs other duties as established by School Board
Requires knowledge of the concepts, principles and methodologies of
instruction. Requires general knowledge of academic curriculum for
assigned classes. Demonstrated ability to develop instructional
goals, to design and deliver instruction and to assess students'
learning. Demonstrated ability to communicate with others
effectively, both orally and in writing. Demonstrated ability in
decision making, problem analysis, conflict resolution,
interpersonal relationships, and planning. Eligibility for Virginia
teaching license with a Reading Specialist endorsement.
Must hold or be eligible for a valid Virginia teaching license with
a Reading Specialist endorsement.
Applicants considered for employment must successfully complete the
following background investigations/tests:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal History
- State Police Criminal History Investigation
- Child Protective Services (CPS) Investigation
- Tuberculosis Screening/Test
Chesterfield County Public Schools assures Equal Employment
Opportunities for employees as required by Federal and State Orders
and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This
job description is intended to accurately reflect the position
activities and requirements. However, administration reserves the
right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as
necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as
an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or
working conditions associated with the position and does not imply
an employment contract.
Chesterfield County Public Schools offers a wide variety of
benefits to employees. Benefit offerings may differ based upon
full-time and part-time employee status.
To learn more details, visit our benefits page
Have you ever been convicted of a felony?
Have you ever been convicted of an offense involving the sexual
molestation, physical or sexual abuse or rape of anyone?
Have you ever been the subject of a founded case of child abuse
Agency Chesterfield County Public Schools
Address P.O. Box 10
Chesterfield, Virginia, 23832
Phone +1 (804) 748-1984
Keywords: Chesterfield County Public Schools, Richmond , Teacher - Reading Specialist - Evergreen Elementary, Education / Teaching , Midlothian, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!