Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Complex problems. Inspired solutions.
Job Title: Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business
and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and
ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to
the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to
accelerate product development and drive more predictability and
productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness,
companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products
that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and
regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering What we are looking for :
As an electrical and instrumentation engineer, you are accountable
for all electrical aspects of engineering necessary to deliver
custom water treatment systems to industrial and municipal
customers. You will work and collaborate with a dedicated team of
engineers and designers from North America and India to ensure on
time and on budget execution of the electrical engineering tasks on
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Take ownership of the P&ID's and the integration of the
project across electrical engineering. Perform design and develop
documents including Single Line Diagrams, IO Lists, Electrical
Schematics, Loop diagrams, logic diagrams, Panel layout diagrams,
DCS and PLC Architectures, Instrument Location and Installation
- Develop control system architecture for PLC and HMI systems and
select appropriate hardware. Develop panel layouts and the I&C
portion of P&ID's. Attend P&ID review and HAZOP meetings
with internal teams and customers.
- Develop Bill of Material and process through SAP. Interface
with suppliers for preliminary costing, instrument component
selection, and submitted design documents.
- Understand and assess project specific area classification
requirements and apply correct technologies.
- Support the lead engineer in discussions with customers.
Interact directly with the client and other internal/external
stakeholders. Interact with engineering resource support in India
for all project execution tasks.
- Resolve technical issues and provide input for change requests
- Review project specifications and incorporate requirements into
the company design and equipment/ procurement specifications .
- Sup port commercial engineers, as w ell as to other engineers
within the team to develop their technical and commercial expertise
- Support project execution through review of the control
documents, engineering drawings, and manuals for projects. Support
plant commissioning and performance testing. Document lesson
learned from issues during commissioning and provide feedback to
engineering teams and project managers. Education/Exper ience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B.S.), from a technical college
or university with Electrical Engineering degree.
- 4 + years of professional experience in electrical engineering
with the preference for industrial .
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working in Canada or the USA
as an engineer in one of the above markets. (working for
Canadian/American companies overseas is not accepted) Certificates
- Licensed on in progress as a Professional Engineer (PE or
P.Eng) in a Canadian Prov ince or U.S. State. If you are not
licensed, you must have your academic experience already approved
by the licensing body. Requirements
- The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Direct experience working with P&ID's and contributing to
their development by representing E&I interests
- Experience in the design of industrial control panels meeting
UL508A or CSA 22.1 standards through:
- Selecting suitable components (I/O modules, processors,
networking components, enclosures, enclosure cooling, circuit
- Developing I/O lists and reviewing Control Panel Schematics,
Layouts and loop diagrams for code compliance and technical
- Experience selecting and designing motor control including
MCC's and VFD's
- Experience designing (focus is on engineering - drafting
experience not required) and creating documentation including:
- Single Line Diagrams and Load lists
- Cable and Conduit Schedules
- Interconnecting diagrams
- Network architecture drawings
- Able to travel to the U.S. and internationally up to 20% of the
- Direct experience understanding and using a variety of external
and internal specifications to develop and adapt designs.
- Willingness to using and directing offshore engineering
resources to work on the designs the candidate has been responsible
for. Desired skills
- Experience in the selection and design of instrumentation and
valves for process developing documents such as:
- Instrument Lists
- Instrument Datasheets
- Valve Lists
- Valve Datasheets
- Experience in the selection and design of instrumentation and
electrical systems for hazardous locations (classified areas)
- Experience using SAP ERP system
- Experience in heat tracing design
- Direct, proven experience as a lead electrical engineer on
multiple projects in the process industry who was responsible for
making all design decisions with respect to electrical engineering
matters, maintaining and tracking project schedules relating to
electrical engineering tasks.
- Experience working in one or more of the following markets:
- Water/Wastewater (industrial or municipal)
- Oil and Gas
- Chemical Processing
- EPC Projects This job description doesn't constitute a contract
of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will
rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other
things, or status as a qualified individual with
Keywords: Syncroness, Richmond , Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer, Engineering , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!