Senior DevSecOps Engineer (open to remote)
Company: Mission Lane
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Mission Lane LLC is a fintech company on a mission (no pun
intended) to provide access to fair and clear credit. What does
this mean exactly? We're glad you asked. Roughly one third of
Americans have experienced a significant event (or series of
events) in their lives that has damaged their credit, usually due
to circumstances beyond their control. As if it's not hard enough
to recover from a credit plunge, the only banks willing to take a
chance on less-than-prime candidates have historically been called
fee harvesters - and for a reason.
Enter Mission Lane. Our best-in-class products and services are
raising the bar on fair credit access. We offer credit cards with
clear pricing, no hidden fees, and a transparent path towards
success. Better yet - candidates don't need good credit to apply.
Our philosophy is simple: when our customers do well, we do well.
And we have only just begun.
Mission Laners are learners and here's what we know for certain:
good Karma is contagious, the business demand is growing and
Mission Lane is, too. Quickly. In response to our rapid growth, our
teams are scouting the country in search of skilled, top-tier
talent with diverse perspective and unstoppable energy.
Are you passionate about making a meaningful impact? Come join us.
Are you purpose-driven, performance-oriented, and principles-led?
You'll feel right at home here. Just like for our customers, our
teams create opportunities for employees to willingly learn,
stretch, and grow.
Think you've got what it takes to be a Laner? Read on for more
details about your new role.
Mission Lane is looking for a passionate DevSecOps engineer to join
our growing engineering organization. As a DevSecOps engineer, you
will build an autonomous environment for our engineers to work in
by developing software and tools to abstract security
controls...think of it as building in the safety features of
Tesla's autopilot. Someone who can help protect our cloud networks,
service mesh, CICD pipelines, systems, etc... Our DevSecOps
Engineers will work hands-on with Cloud Platform teams and other
engineers to constantly evolve our development platform into a
self-driving environment with the right automated guard rails.
As a DevSecOps Engineer You Will
- Work on network security, secure service mesh, OPA
- Support certificate management, authz/authn, pod security
policies, role based access management, securing service meshes,
OPA and other security efforts
- Reinforce a security by abstraction expectation for the
platform through consulting and code contributions
- Create testing systems that ensure our products are secure by
providing a great experience for our engineers in the development
- Support Security team with triaging and remediation of security
vulnerabilities in the Mission Lane cloud platform by working
- Collaborate with Security Architects and Engineers to develop,
maintain, and continuously evolve our cloud systems that shield our
environment from security threats
- Develop and implement tools to support the SOC team in
proactively addressing vulnerabilities and threats
- Work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix
security flaws and vulnerabilities
- Build automation and monitoring to enforce security policies
and detect threats
- Collaborate with Security, Software Engineering and Product
teams to support their security needs in an automated fashion
- Work to implement InfoSec policies, procedures, and
- Stay current on industry trends around security, networks, and
To set you up for success in this role from day one, Mission Lane
is looking for candidates who have:
- Hands on production experience in GCP
- Experience with security automation throughout CI/CD
- Strong production experience and knowledge of Kubernetes
architecture, operations, security and networking
- Strong in one of the scripting languages - Python or Shell
- Experience in platform hardening, access management,
certificate management, network security and operating system
- Should be able to deep dive into existing configs and code to
detect and remediate security flaws.
- Experience designing secure networks, systems and application
- Experience with cloud policy engines such as Cloud Custodian or
- Experience with Security and Compliance requirements for
Financial Systems desired
- Nice to be Certified GCP Cloud Security Engineer
- Nice to know one of programming languages - Golang or Java
At Mission Lane we strive to create a work environment that brings
out the best in everyone every day. Our company's competitive pay
and comprehensive benefits package are among the many ways we
contribute to the betterment of our employees-- personally and
Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental
disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or
maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited
by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Mission Lane is not currently sponsoring new applicant employment
authorization for this position. And please, no third party
Keywords: Mission Lane, Richmond , Senior DevSecOps Engineer (open to remote), Engineering , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!