Medical Equipment Delivery / Service Technician
Company: National HME Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description:National HME is the one of the nation's largest
direct service durable medical equipment providers offering
services from more than 50 full service branch locations and
additional network providers. Do you have a heart for helping
people? Are you looking for a rewarding work opportunity? If so,
please consider applying to join our team at National HME! We are
looking for compassionate individuals who want to make a difference
in our patients' lives. National HME, Inc. is now accepting
applications for positions working at our location in Richmond, VA.
$2,000 Sign On BonusWe have an immediate need for a full time
Medical Equipment Delivery/Service Technician who is able to work
flexible hours, often including nights and weekends. We offer a
competitive hourly rate, full benefits, 401k with match, PTO, and
training in career path. MST's deliver and instruct hospice
patients or family members on medical equipment and supplies in
their place of residence or assisted care facility while providing
highly responsible patient care services in addition to the
- Safely drive and maintain company vehicle (16-foot box truck or
- Receives a daily route and required supply list and prepares
the truck for delivery by pulling stock, loading equipment on the
truck, and securing and staging the vehicle.
- Delivers, unloads, and sets the equipment to full
- Reviews basic equipment operation and instructs patients and/or
caregivers on the proper use and care.
- Follows the daily route to pick up and/or exchange equipment.
Breaks down, loads and returns equipment.
- Effectively communicates with customer service to relay order
changes and issues, route delays, stock availability and delivery
and pick up of equipment.
- Champions our Mission Statement and Family Standard and filter
decisions through them.. Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three
months industry related work experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience. No professional
certificate or licensure required, although preferred.
- Six months industry related work experience or training; or
equivalent combination of education or experience.
- One year previous delivery or warehouse experience
- A current state issued driver's license is required
- Ability to pass a motor vehicle records check (MVR) having it
show no major violations (including DUI) in the past 5 consecutive
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must demonstrate practical knowledge of cleaning techniques and
processes applicable to the industry.
- Applicant must have a clean state criminal background and
federal sex offender check, clean drug test, valid driver's license
and pass a driving skill test.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, as needed (including
nights and weekends), and have the ability to demonstrate effective
time management skills while working independently with minimal
- Applicant must demonstrate good organization, time management,
and communication skills.
- This position requires the ability to maintain a flexible
schedule to accommodate unplanned events and participate in an
- Must demonstrate proficient ability to foster professional
working relationships utilizing strong interpersonal and
communication skills organization-wide.
- Requires the ability to safely operate a company vehicle;
stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions;
strength to lift and carry machinery and/or equipment weighing up
to 100 pounds; vision to read printed materials, computer screens
and road signs; hearing and speech to communicate in person and
over the phone; manual dexterity to perform job functions and
stamina to frequently sit for extended periods of time.National HME
is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and
inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and
harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information,
pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by
federal, state, or local laws.This policy applies to all employment
practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence,
compensation, benefits, and training. National HME makes hiring
decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs
at the time.Every day, our team members make an impact on the lives
of others within their communities. They are compassionate, caring,
and friendly and provide comfort to those in hospice care. You will
go home every day knowing that you made someone's life better. If
you are looking for work with a purpose, come join our growing team
and make a difference!
Keywords: National HME Inc, Richmond , Medical Equipment Delivery / Service Technician, Engineering , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!