Heavy Equipment Mechanic Assistant
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minority/Female/Disability/VeteranWhy work for Waste Management?
-The Value of a WM Job is more than a paycheck.$2500 Sign on
BonusWe are Committed to your Growth: -100% tuition paid for you
and your familyWe are People First: -We foster an environment where
all teammates feel welcomed, valued and seenWe are Stable: -Our
employees are home every day and perform essential and meaningful
workWe are Investing in You: -Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision,
401k with match, Discounted Stock options, Dependent Day Care, and
more!Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.I. Job
SummaryPerforms minor repairs, limited preventative maintenance
tasks, and troubleshooting on a wide variety of equipment (Trucks
and Yellow Iron).II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Performs minor repairs and assigned preventative maintenance
services, as needed, on equipment (including, but not limited to,
bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks,
farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
- Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors,
transmissions, drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical
- Performs tasks per preventative maintenance checklist and in
accordance with established safety procedures.
- Completes records such as work orders, card files, P.M.
checklists, and oil samples.
- Assists with servicing and maintaining other equipment such as
light plants, water pump, welders, etc.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed
site-specific job descriptions.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate
/ OSHA Standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
procedures.III. Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis job has no
supervisory duties.IV. QualificationsThe requirements listed below
are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and
-physical.A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required
- Experience: No previous experience requiredB. Certificates,
Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Required: Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
record.C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None requiredV. Work EnvironmentListed below are key points
regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
__ pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, etc.)
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
frequentlyNormal setting for this job is: Heavy Equipment
maintenance shop / Hazardous Waste Landfill; repair/maintenance
shop.BenefitsAt Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a
competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a
Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees
also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please
note that benefits may vary by site.If this sounds like the
opportunity that you have been looking for, please click
Keywords: Waste Management, Richmond , Heavy Equipment Mechanic Assistant, Engineering , Jetersville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!