Senior C++ Engineer, Accessibility
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Mozilla Corporation is looking for a skilled C++ developer
to work with our passionate Accessibility Team to make the web
fully accessible! This is a small, hard-working team that affects
the lives of users every day. Using your C++ and systems
programming expertise, you will contribute to the core Gecko web
rendering engine, shaping Mozilla's efforts to take Firefox
accessibility to the next level.Opportunities to collaborate with
other browser teams abound, and working in the open is the norm.
You'll be responsible for writing code, tests, specifications,
building prototypes, solving problems, and analyzing data. You'll
get feedback from real users and synthesize it into bug reports,
feature designs, and strategic direction to make the web platform
even better over time.As a Senior C++ Engineer, Accessibility here
at Mozilla, you will---
- Improve the architecture, stability, correctness and
performance of the core Gecko accessibility engine.
- Debug and fix problems in our multi-process, multi-threaded
- Debug OS specific issues.
- Build excellent working relationships with engineers and
organizational leaders on other teams.
- Influence web standards that provide or improve access to new
- Work in the open as part of the Mozilla open source project and
engage with Mozilla's global community.
- Work on infrastructure to expose the web platform to
- Meet standards for gecko's memory usage and performance.
- Implement new web features to enable new kinds of applications
and content types.Your ProfileYou Don't Need To Check Every Box On
This List To ApplyWe value a variety of voices on the Accessibility
Team and at Mozilla.
- Demonstrated proficiency with C++.
- Experience working on cross-platform native applications.
- Creative problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Experience writing and debugging multi-process, multi-threaded
- Ability to learn a large and complex multi-language code
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to effectively participate as part of a
geographically-distributed open development team.
- A passion to empower and improve the web for people with a
diverse range of abilities.Bonus Points If You Have Any Of The
- Familiarity with native development for at least one OS:
Windows, Mac, Linux, Android.
- Understanding of accessibility and inclusive design.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Knowledge of web accessibility and ARIA.About MozillaMozilla
exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all
because we believe that open and free is better than closed and
controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to
make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you
give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single
day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create
more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.Commitment to
diversity, equity, inclusion, and belongingMozilla understands that
valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are
crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage
applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking
communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women,
racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities,
persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and
expressions.We will ensure that qualified individuals with
disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate
in the job application or interview process, to perform essential
job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at
email@example.com to request accommodation.We are an
equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including
religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity,
gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry,
domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age,
genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status,
citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis
covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate
discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics
or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.Group: D
Keywords: Mozilla, Richmond , Senior C++ Engineer, Accessibility, Engineering , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!