Heavy Equipment Mechanic - (Shift is Fri-Mon) $5,000 Bonus
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Weekend Shift working 6am-5pm (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and
Monday) $5,000 Sign on Bonus Can make up to $65,000 + per year
Quarterly Tool allowance of $250 Eligible for full benefits after
60 days Uniforms Provided
POSITION SUMMARY: The Heavy Equipment Technician performs repairs
and maintenance on heavy equipment, compact heavy equipment, light
service equipment, and light trucks. Typical repairs include, but
are not limited to, preventative maintenance inspections,
hydraulic, fuel, exhaust, brakes, suspension, electrical, HVAC, and
- Maintains advanced knowledge to diagnose and repair mechanical
problems on heavy equipment.
- Performs repair or preventative maintenance on electrical,
diesel and gasoline vehicles, including compactor, excavator, wheel
loader, and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive
operations. Typical repairs and maintenance would include work on
engines, transmissions, chassis, drivelines and body components,
hydraulic, brake, electrical and suspension systems, wheels, tires
- Reads and interprets equipment condition reports and/or repair
orders, communicate with supervisor and/or operator for
clarification of defects and discuss preventive techniques with
operators to minimize future repairs.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing equipment,
documenting parts usage and accounting for applied times (i.e.,
work order times compared to time card times).
- Completes daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and
oil usage, and provide information for input into Dossier, Republic
Services Fleet Management Software system.
- Collects and interprets analyses from oil sampling, on-board
computer, and fleet management software.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs overhauls on gas or diesel engines.
- Advanced knowledge in air brakes, tires, hydraulics, advanced
electrical, advanced drive train knowledge, suspension, steering
and wheel-end components training as evidenced by ASE
- At least 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy
- Minimum of 1 year of prior experience as a technician working
on heavy equipment, demonstrating the ability to service
increasingly more challenging maintenance repairs. Mechanical Trade
School certificate or degree
- Certificate in electrical diagnostics.
- Applicable ASE certifications.
- Working knowledge of Tier 4 emission systems.
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position
requiring knowledge and application of OSHA Haz Com; OSHA Lock Out
Tag Out and all OSHA Fire Protection regulations.
Keywords: Republic Services, Richmond , Heavy Equipment Mechanic - (Shift is Fri-Mon) $5,000 Bonus, Engineering , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!