Cloud Security Engineer
Company: Federal Reserve Bank (FRB)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of Richmond
The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserves National
IT organizationa nationwide team delivering technology solutions
and support across the Federal Reserve System. Many National IT
employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across
the U.S. at other Federal locations.When you join our team, youll
become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our
communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to
make things better. Bring your passion and well provide challenging
and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to
grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your
health and wealth. Its all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a
great place to work!
About the Opportunity
The Cloud Security product team has an immediate opening for a
Cloud Security Engineer.
Work in a dynamic Cloud Security product team to support and
automate Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) and Cloud
Workload Protection (CWP) solutions, and contribute to securing
critical financial systems.
What You Will Do:
- Enforce cloud security standards and help DevOps teams apply
security best practices in the cloud.
- Conduct vulnerability scans in the cloud and help DevOps teams
prioritize and address the findings.
- Design, document, deploy and maintain scalable and resilient
cloud security solutions for hybrid cloud environments.
- Improve and reduce manual activities through automation,
guidance and documentation.
- Contribute to the technical direction on cloud security
architecture, including policies, standards, strategies, automation
- Provide guidance to key stakeholders on CSPM and CWP processes
- Mentor and develop staff by providing training on technical
topics and insight into areas outside of their expertise.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with 5+ years of
relevant work experience.
- In depth experience with at least one major Cloud Service
Provider (AWS, Azure, etc).
- In-depth knowledge of cloud native tools and services.
- In-depth working knowledge of at least one major CWP and CSPM
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools, such as
CloudFormation or terraform.
- Experience with Linux bash scripting a plus.
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here! When you join
Federal Reserves National IT organization, not only will you find a
challenging and purposeful career, youll also have access to a wide
range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth,
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- A requirement of this position is that the employee must be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19; individuals who are unable to be
vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious
belief may request an accommodation from the Bank.
- Candidates should review the Banks Employee Code of Conduct to
ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal
- If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability,
please notify email@example.com.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. The selected
candidate will be subject to a government security investigation
and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified
information. Eligibility for this specific position requires U.S.
- The hiring range is $100,300 $125,400 annually.
- For candidates outside Richmond, VA, listed hiring and salary
ranges may be adjusted based on your geographic location.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and
the individuals knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond provides equal opportunity to
all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, or genetic information.Full Time / Part TimeFull
timeRegular / TemporaryRegularJob Exempt (Yes / No)YesJob
CategoryInformation TechnologyWork ShiftFirst (United States of
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion
among our employees is critical to our success as an organization,
and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people
from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are
committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job
applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment
where employees are valued for their differences.
Keywords: Federal Reserve Bank (FRB), Richmond , Cloud Security Engineer, Engineering , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!