Property Book Technician
Company: PrimeTech International
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Property Book Technician serves as a technical expert and
direct liaison to facility coordinators who adjusts, corrects,
transfers, and recovers equipment to resolve logistical problems,
issues and directives. Works in accordance with Department of
Defense (DoD) and Department of the Army (DA), regulations,
directives, and policies that relate to Supply and property
accountability. Conducts Command Supply Discipline Program (CSDP)
inspections annually. Direct liaison with facility coordinators to
monitor requests within CSS (Customer Support System), Initiate
Financial Liability Investigation for Property Loss (FLIPL),
conduct facility inventories, and maintain proper accountability of
property during facility closures.
- Manage and control property within their areas of
- Designated a Sub-Hand Receipt Holder (SHRH).
- Protect the equipment under their control from loss, theft, or
- Ensure that the equipment is used in such a manner to preclude
damage or deterioration, other than normal fair wear and tear.
- Provide the PHRH with the completed Hand Receipt Holder
- Assist in the performance of annual inventories and as required
utilization reviews of equipment assigned to their account.
- Report any excess equipment to the PHRH within 30 days.
- Ensure all required inspections, maintenance, and calibration
of Government property are performed and the appropriate records
- Prepare and submit statements/reports regarding any loss,
theft, or damage to property which is under their control within 30
days of discovery.
- Complete inventory of all GFE/GFP yearly or more frequently as
the mission requires.
- Ensure that the PHRH is notified of any changes in equipment
Hand Receipt Holders because of employee transfer, resignation, or
- Utilize GCSS-A in support of assigned GFE/GFP as directed or
requested by the PHRH.
- Operates Material Handling Equipment (MHE), (forklifts, up to
6000 pounds) for the purpose of loading and offloading of various
supplies up to 5% of the time.
- Participate in process improvements and provide the support
required to the Program to enable adherence to Program schedules
and cost requirements
- Required to work in compliance with OSHA and safety policies
and procedures as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned in association with
established Management and Contract Compliance Plan, and workload
- Adhere to PTi quality, safety, and environmental standards
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Must be able to travel to perform logistical inventories and
inspections. Travel may be up to 20% of the time
- Subject to mandatory drug testing as required
- May be required to handle equipment/supplies weighing up to 50
pounds individually and occasionally items weighing more than 50
pounds with assistance
- Able to exert moderate physical effort in the loading,
unloading, and arranging of equipment/supplies as applicable to
- Ability to work inside and/or outside in dirty and dusty
environments, and occasionally be exposed to hot, cold, damp, and
drafty weather conditions while handling equipment/supplies.
- Able to perform work on hard or uneven surfaces.
Skills and Experience:
- Three years' experience with supply management, inventory
management, storage management, cataloging, requesting and
receiving all classes of supplies, experience in supply program
inspections, requisitioning and receiving supplies, property
utilization related to field level maintenance, local supply
activities using Army automated logistical systems (GCSS-A or other
DoD equivalent), work order management, and administrative tasks (
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Skilled in planning, controlling, executing, multi-tasking and
being responsible for the successful completion of work
- Ability to effectively read and write in English, comprehend
written instructions, perform common mathematical tasks, and
communicate effectively Certificate, License, Registration, etc.:
- Must possess a minimum of a valid U.S. State-issued driver's
license for passenger cars and trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight
Rating (GVWR) of 26,000 lbs. or less.
- US Citizen
- Possess or be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
applicable to the position and/or military Common Access Card (CAC)
within 30 days if required
- Completion of contractual and company mandated trainings
applicable to position
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Prior Military
This job description is meant to be a guide. It is not intended to
limit duties in which a teammate may be required to perform. This
job description may be changed at the discretion of the
PTi maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment and
random substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
PTi is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment to include, recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, training, and
compensation. Associated topics: admin, administrator, community
management, office manager, property, property administrator,
property assistant, property management, security, safety
Keywords: PrimeTech International, Richmond , Property Book Technician, Engineering , Midlothian, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!