Company: GMA Architects Inc
Posted on: May 28, 2023
GMA Design Group is a full-service design/build firm, partnered with the ARCO Family of Companies. Our team provides services including Creative Design, Project Management, ADA/Code Compliance, Building Assessment and Reuse, Addition and Renovations, Historic Preservation, Master Planning, Interior Design, Space Planning, Structural Analysis and Design, and Construction Administration.
We are looking for a highly motivated Structural Engineer to join our team of experts in Richmond Heights, Missouri. Because ARCO is committed to creating opportunities for individual success, from day one, you will be given the tools to excel in your role, take on meaningful responsibilities, and experience why ARCO is truly the best place to build a career.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
At GMA & ARCO, we are committed to taking care of our greatest asset - our team. ARCO's best-in-class benefits and superior compensation are what set us apart from the competition and continue to attract top industry talent.
- Industry-leading performance-based bonus program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Tuition reimbursement for associates
- Scholarship for associates' children up to $28,000 per child
- 1-month paid sabbatical after every five years of employment, plus $5,000 for travel
- 1-week paid volunteer leave each year
- 100% charitable match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 100% paid 10-week maternity leave
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Work with construction project managers during the estimating process to optimize creative structural solutions that align to the project needs
- Prepare preliminary and structural building design for projects across the country
- Produce structural calculations for implementation with technical design/drafting staff during preparation of construction documents for permit submittal as well as construction
- Communicate with technical design/drafting staff. Coordinate with construction project managers, architect, civil, mechanical, clients and other project team members to find creative solutions to structural building elements
- Provide peer reviews of design drawings to ensure accuracy and find creative solutions or alternative design suggestions to save on cost and/or design schedule
- BS in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis and a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- 3-5+ years' of structural engineering building design experience
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD required. Strong Excel skills required.
- Knowledge of analysis and design programs such as RAM Structural System, SAP2000, RISA is helpful but not required
MAKE YOUR MOVE
ARCO is a premier, full-service design-build general contractor with more than 30 years of experience providing clients with complete project delivery nationwide. With more than 5,500 projects completed coast to coast, we pride ourselves in offering the best, most cost-effective, single source, turnkey solutions and adding value to every project. Because we believe in creating opportunities for individual success among our associates, ARCO is a 100% associate-owned company. Through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), each associate holds a stake in the company, placing the benefits of our success directly in the hands of those who drive it.
ARCO is consistently recognized as a top workplace in multiple markets nationwide and is ranked by Engineering News-Record as the 5th largest design-build firm in the U.S. and the largest domestic builder of distribution and warehouse space.
ARCO is committed to identifying and implementing ways to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in the construction industry. Beyond standard corporate policies and practices, ARCO extends our commitment to creating an inclusive culture to our recruiting, training, and subcontractor selection. We know that the best work requires the best people and that the diversity of all those involved in the construction process enhances our ability to deliver the very best solutions to our customers.
ARCO does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies without pre-approval from ARCO's Human Resource team. Pre-approval is required before any external candidate can be submitted. ARCO will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes and for candidates who are sent directly to our hiring managers.
Keywords: GMA Architects Inc, Richmond , Structural Engineer, Engineering , Richmond, Virginia
here to apply!