Sr. Manager Data Engineering (Operations Management)
Company: Capital One
Posted on: October 12, 2018
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, VirginiaAt Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.Sr. Manager Data Engineering (Operations Management) At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting-edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 125 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making. Developing cutting-edge Cloud technology takes the culmination and collaboration of bright, talented people, and forward-thinking leadership. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our Shared Values, come together to make us one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For." As an Operations Manager of Enterprise Streaming Data Platform, we are actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Technology Professionals who are passionate about leading-edge distributed computing technologies to join our team! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building large-scale reliable applications and platforms to impact the way that Capital One does business. You will be part if the team who is building data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery. You will be directly responsible for managing operational resources and driving process changes as needed, often coordinating cross-functionally. This will also involve managing, coaching, driving support teams and individuals to achieve broader organizational goals. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One and creating experiences to delight our internal & external of customers! Job Responsibilities:
- Modernize processes and recommends broader ideas to improve our customer experience & efficiency of support practices.
- Sets broader resource planning goals for teams under management and presents corresponding proposals
- Coordinates with peers and stakeholders across functions to execute on support needs
- May function as an escalation point and technical resource for junior professionals
- Demonstrates the sense of urgency and commitment required for managing a 24/7 operation.
- Make sound decisions with regard to service delivery and Incident response.
- Accountable for risk profile of team or support process, including maintaining controls such audits etc., identifying weaknesses, and ensuring remediation of issues or gaps
- Oversee the daily operations of the Enterprise to ensure availability, reliability, efficiency, and performance continuity against established metrics and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Communicate effectively outside of function and capable of tailoring messages to senior audiences appropriately
- Leverage and establish support standards across the team and organization
- Lead/Coordinate triage calls with multiple teams supporting complex, distributed technology services.
- Manage communication with users of platforms via daily reports on health, outages etc.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience with data technologies (databases, big data-Hadoop/NoSQL, data messaging technologies)
- At least 5 years of experience in managing and supporting enterprise customer facing data services or applications.
- At least 3 year of management responsibility of one or more people managers or At least 3 years of managing the workflow of others in a matrixed environment
- At least 1 year experience with AWSPreferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree
- 5+ years of people management experience
5+ years experience with supporting or managing operations of data messaging platform
- 5+ years experience with the Data Technologies - Databases, SQL, Spark, MQ, Rabbit MQ Kafka etc.
- 5+ years experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Java, Shell)
- 5+ years experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
- 5+ years of experience providing technical leadership on relevant applications
- 1+ year of Kafka experienceCapital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Keywords: Capital One, Richmond , Sr. Manager Data Engineering (Operations Management), Engineering , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!