Site Reliability Engineer
Company: Capital One
Posted on: October 12, 2018
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia At Capital One, we re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Site Reliability Engineer As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be part of a highly functioning Technical Operations team that supports a wide variety of platforms and applications. You will master a suite of technologies used for deployment, monitoring, configuration, networking, and automation. You will play a key role on a team with highly motivated individuals who are great team players. In this role, you will coordinate production support activities for all major systems and related subsystems to ensure the integrity of computer generated data. You will be accountable for application problem management, identifying the route cause and driving resolution
- Owning and coordinating support activities for multiple applications across several teams, and coordinating with and mentoring junior members of your team
- Coordinating, configuring and automating job execution and code deployments
- Planning, managing, and executing releases in production and lower environments
- Supporting Disaster Recovery, Configuration Management, and Audits
- Monitoring environments and responding to issues, including troubleshooting and coordinating with other resources to resolve problems as quickly as possible
- Ensuring adherence to security and change management standards
- Continuously improving processes through automation and process re-engineering Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS, VPCs, EC2, or CloudWatch
- At least 1 year of experience in Systems Support or Server Configuration Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science
- At least 3 years of experience with Linux Windows Server operating systems
- At least 1 year of experience in Systems Engineering
- At least 1 year of experience with SQL, Postgres, or Oracle
- At least 1 year of experience with Jenkins, Chef, Ruby, Github, or Docker At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Keywords: Capital One, Richmond , Site Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!