Clinical Project Manager, Cost of Care
Company: Magellan Health
Posted on: March 28, 2020
The Project Manager is responsible for the management of a
variety of cost of care related projects for Magellan Complete Care
of Virginia and/or corporate. In this position, you will provide
support through the planning and execution of these projects. That
support may include establishing deadlines, assigning
resources/responsibilities and monitoring and summarizing progress
of projects. You will prepare reports for upper management
regarding status of projects. Familiarity with a variety of the
field's concepts, practices, and procedures is essential.
- Meets with business process owners and key stakeholders to
identify the project's goals, objectives, critical success factors,
and success measures.
- Develops a detailed project charter to serve as a critical
communication tool for key stakeholder buy in and set
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as
appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope,
including meeting facilitation and documentation.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to project
- Effectively applies Magellan's methodology and enforces project
standards using Microsoft Project or other approved toolkit
- Prepares for project reviews and quality assurance
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project, appropriately
raising awareness on at-risk items.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the
organization and general corporate news that may impact project
- Provides status reporting to stakeholders on a regular basis.
Apprises management of issues requiring resolution in order to
maintain progress on a timely basis.
- Prepares reports and/or dashboards for enterprise project
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information
- Conducts lessons learned to continually improve processes.
- Contributes to, implements, and maintains best practices and
project management policies and guidelines.
- Prepares Business Case and Return on Investment (ROI) to show
impact to the business.
- Assists in the development of resource management and project
General Job InformationTitleClinical Project Manager, Cost of
CareGrade24Job FamilyGeneral Services GroupCountryUnited States of
AmericaFLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)Recruiting Start
Date2/19/2020Date Requisition Created2/19/2020Work
ExperienceProject/Program ManagementEducationA Combination of
Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required),
Bachelors: Business Administration (Required), MastersLicense and
Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredLSSGB - Lean Six Sigma Green
Belt Certification - Enterprise, PMP - Project Management
Professional - EnterpriseOther Job RequirementsResponsibilities
- For clinical project management related roles, clinical
licensure (e.g., LPN, RN, LCSW, LMSW) is preferred
- Bachelor's degree plus 5+ years' project management or job
related experience in a medium to large-scale corporation.
- May consider additional years of experience in lieu of degree
(4 additional years in lieu of degree or 2 additional years with an
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Product Suite,
specifically Excel, Access and Visio.
- Knowledge of project management practices and
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies.
- Ability to develop and maintain multiple project plans.
- Financial management knowledge; understands basic financial
model and budgeting.
- Facilitation and interpersonal skills with the ability to work
effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Basic knowledge of health care management.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, schedule, direct, control,
and monitor project activities.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every
employee must understand, comply and attest to the security
responsibilities and security controls unique to their
Keywords: Magellan Health, Richmond , Clinical Project Manager, Cost of Care, Executive , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!