Manager, DevOps Engineer
Company: Capital One
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean,
VirginiaManager, DevOps EngineerDo you love building and pioneering
in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business
problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery
environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of
makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real
problems and meet real customer needs.As a, you ll have the
opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major
transformation within Capital One. Learn more about and our
commitment to by jumping to on our Corporate Social Responsibility
Report. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with
passionate professionals in the DevOps and developer community at
Capital One. In addition, you will bring strong cloud expertise,
excellent communication skills, and a passion for documentation.
You will be insatiably curious - you ask why, you explore, and are
not afraid to share your ideas. Last but not least, you love
learning new technologies we re always evolving!What you'll be
- Working with business partners, architects, and other groups to
identify technical and functional needs of systems and determine
priority of needs.
- Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan,
deploy, and maintain critical business applications prod/non-prod
- Design and implement appropriate environments for those
applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and
provide production support.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in
adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Work with DevOps leaders in other groups to define and align on
standard operating procedures and best practices
- Automate the provisioning of environments
- Developing and enabling continuous integration/continuous
deployment (CI/CD) for search system components.
- Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources
and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact
to our customers.
- Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing,
and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release
and post-production support.
- Represent production support for the suite of apps in the
domain in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment
- Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to
automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Coordinates, approves, and/or performs changes to the
production environment.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree
- At least 6 years of experience in DevOps Engineering
- At least 4 years of experience in cloud technologies (Amazon
Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform)
- At least 2 years of Linux system administration
- Masters degree
- 7+ years of DevOps Engineering experience
- 4+ years experience with Python, Java, or Node.JS
- Experience with technologies like Apache Mesos, Marathon, or
- Experience using modern build and deployment tools such as
Jenkins, Docker, etc.
- Experience with modern relational databases like Postgres,
MySQL, and Redshift
- Experience with distributed database systems such as Cassandra
- Experience with deploying clustered web services
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with agile
teamsAt this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for
employment authorization for this position. Associated topics:
.net, architecture, backend, c, design pattern, develop, devops,
perl, php, senior
Keywords: Capital One, Richmond , Manager, DevOps Engineer, Executive , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!