Senior Manager, DevOps Engineering
Company: Capital One
Posted on: October 18, 2020
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean,
VirginiaSenior Manager, DevOps EngineeringSenior Manager, DevOps
EngineerDo you love building and pioneering in the technology
space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a
fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery environment? At
Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers,
doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real
customer needs.As a, you ll have the opportunity to be on the
forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One.
Learn more about and our commitment to by jumping to on our
Corporate Social Responsibility Report. You will have the
opportunity to collaborate with passionate professionals in the
DevOps and developer community at Capital One. In addition, you
will bring strong cloud expertise, excellent communication skills,
and a passion for documentation. You will be insatiably curious -
you ask why, you explore, and are not afraid to share your ideas.
Last but not least, you love learning new technologies we re always
evolving!What you'll be doing:
- Working with business partners, architects, and other groups to
identify technical and functional needs of systems and determine
priority of needs.
- Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan,
deploy, and maintain critical business applications prod/non-prod
- Design and implement appropriate environments for those
applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and
provide production support.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in
adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Work with DevOps leaders in other groups to define and align on
standard operating procedures and best practices
- Automate the provisioning of environments
- Developing and enabling continuous integration/continuous
deployment (CI/CD) for search system components.
- Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources
and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact
to our customers.
- Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing,
and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release
and post-production support.
- Represent production support for the suite of apps in the
domain in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment
- Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to
automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Coordinates, approves, and/or performs changes to the
production environment.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree
- At least 5 years of experience implementing automated
environment delivery and developing automation workflows and
- At least 4 years of experience in cloud technologies (Amazon
Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform)
- At least 3 years of people management experiencePreferred
- Masters degree
- 7+ years of DevOps Engineering experience
- 4+years of people management experience
- 4+ years experience with Python, Java, or Node.JS
- Experience with technologies like Apache Mesos, Marathon, or
- Experience using modern build and deployment tools such as
Jenkins, Docker, etc.
- Experience with modern relational databases like Postgres,
MySQL, and Redshift
- Experience with distributed database systems such as Cassandra
- Experience with deploying clustered web services
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with agile
teamsCapital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant
for employment authorization for this position. Associated topics:
.net, application developer, architect, architecture, backend,
design, develop, java, project architect, software engineer
Keywords: Capital One, Richmond , Senior Manager, DevOps Engineering, Executive , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!