Registered Nurse RN Case Manager
Company: Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Description SHIFT: Weekends Only
Henrico Doctors' Hospitals is a 767 licensed bed facility that
consists of five community campuses, Henrico, Parham and Retreat
Doctors' Hospitals, West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover
Henrico Doctors? Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering
a full range of healthcare services. We are a Level II Trauma
facility, offering specialized vascular surgery, Neurosurgery, a
comprehensive certified stroke center, orthopedics and
groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national
trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant
Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery; we
lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci
63rd--on Fortune?s 100 List
One of the--largest healthcare systems--in the U.S.
Ranked by Fortune as a--Most Admired Company--for 3 consecutive
Named by Ethisphere one of the--World?s Most--Ethical
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance (Full-time employees: $150 monthly
benefit/Part-time employees: $75 monthly benefit)
--SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- Applies the rules of Severity of Illness, Intensity of Service,
and Discharge Screens/Indicators consistently in evaluating medical
- Performs admission and concurrent review for all payers and
maintains legible documentation as directed by the Utilization
- Educates patients and families to the patient?s needs post
discharge and informs them of the alternatives available to meet
- Refers patients who require extended care post discharge to
long term care facilities.-- Once an appropriate bed is located,
arranges for the patient?s transfer
- Collaborates with community agencies to provide services to
assist with housing, financial, transportation, psychosocial,
educational, home health, and home medical equipment needs of
patients/families post discharge.
- Initiates patient/family conference with the health care team
to achieve positive outcomes.
- Identifies, tracks, and records Alternative Care Days (ACDs).--
Intervenes to prevent or decrease ACDs as appropriate.
- Initiates denial and appeal process in accordance with
policy.-- Refers HINN letters to Director.
- Maintains knowledge base for identification and reporting of
potential patients with contractual adjustment needs and length of
- Provides crisis and supportive counseling to enhance the
patient?s and family?s problem solving and coping skills. Counsels
patient/families regarding advance medical directives.
- Takes a proactive role in discharge planning.
- Maintains knowledge base with an awareness of current trends
that influence health care practice
Required:-------------- Five + years of recent clinical experience
Preferred:-------------- Commercial Utilization Management and/or
Case Management experience; Quality Management Experience.
Required:-------------- Registered Nurse with current Virginia
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer celebrating diversity. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation,
genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable
federal, state, or local laws.Notice Our Company?s recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking--.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest, Richmond , Registered Nurse RN Case Manager, Executive , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!