Posted on: April 10, 2021
Eaton's North American Electrical Sales division is currently
seeking an Account Manager to join our team. This position is in
The Account Manager is responsible for representing "One Eaton" to
their assigned Major Accounts and develops key customer
relationships to achieve customer specific goals. The Account
Manager is responsible for the customer relationship, identifying
new growth opportunities, and is the primary point of contact for
the assigned customer. As the primary strategic customer interface,
this position leads a diverse sales team driving accelerated
profitable growth aligned with the action-based sales plan for the
assigned account. This role is responsible for developing a keen
understanding of the assigned accounts' business needs and drivers,
decision making process, and buying behavior and for leading the
development and delivery of specifically tailored value
propositions and recommended solution proposals. Solutions will
encompass Eaton's entire electrical offer portfolio including Power
Delivery, Power Systems Division, Engineering Services, and Energy
- Manage account relationships involving account resources at
appropriate decision-making level with titles up to and including
C-level executives. On-going assessment of relationship efficiency
and effectiveness, insuring Eaton is in the best position to win
profitable business and meet assigned revenue quota.
- Coordinate Executive level and new campaign meetings for the
assigned account and clearing relationship "roadblocks".
- Develop and coordinate implementation of action oriented
strategic account plans including input from all members of the
account sales team, field application engineers, channel partners,
manufacturer's representatives, and service and support team
personnel assigned and associated with the account.
- Manage the execution of the strategic account plan providing
required status and results reporting on a monthly, quarterly and
- Lead and drive account opportunities identification, pursuit
and closure - involving applicable Products, Systems, Solutions and
Services. Provide necessary, company-wide visibility to the
assigned account opportunity pipeline and include this critical
information in all required status and results reporting
- Lead, develop and manage key account negotiations - standing
agreements or transactional, including Terms & Conditions, Pricing,
Service Level Agreements, etc.
- Conduct Account Marketing Analysis such as Customer Needs
Analysis to ascertain customer Needs and Objectives.
- Provide specific Voice of Customer feedback to appropriate
product, system, solution and service business leaders - for future
product development, quality, modification, customer satisfaction
and other purposes and drive new product introductions
- Strong understanding of business fundamentals and
- Strong professional presence. Ability to effectively manage
difficult negotiations and other conflicts.
- Deep negotiation skills and expertise; ability to cope with
ambiguity and complex situations, listen, and successfully resolve
problems and manage conflict, navigating resistance and developing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to
communicate effectively with all organizational levels
- Understanding of buying criteria. Ability to develop,
articulate, and execute a compelling value proposition and
- Analytical thinking - capability to synthesize information and
leverage data-driven arguments to make and guide informed
- Product knowledge, market knowledge and established customer
- Knowledge of the Electric Utility industry
- Background and knowledge of electrical solutions within the
- Superior knowledge of sales techniques, negotiations,
customers, customer relations and employee development.
- Can influence without authority, in a matrix environment.
- Acts as an informal leader among peers
- Minimum seven (7) years of sales or marketing experience in the
- Must Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver's
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- Utility experience
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master's degree is
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the
corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a
base salary, sales incentive compensation and complete
- This position is in Sandston, VA.
North America - US/Puerto Rico
Sandston VA Loc
NAS North American Sales
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Relocation from within hiring country only
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Requisition ID :094684
Keywords: Eaton, Richmond , Account Manager, Executive , Sandston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!