Director of Budgeting and Operations, Robins School
Company: University of Richmond
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Director of Budgeting and Operations, Robins SchoolSUMMARY: Has
primary responsibility for managing the daily operation of the
Robins School; manages and executes all budgetary processes for the
operation of the School. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the daily financial activities of the enterprise, which
include budget preparation and control, accounting, purchasing, and
business planning and management; ensures compliance with
university policies and procedures, state, and federal regulations.
Prepares, in conjunction with the budget office, budget requests,
operating budgets, , and formal budget revisions as required.
- Coordinates, designs, and implements internal financial
reporting systems, financial controls, and management information
systems in coordination with the automated financial reporting
systems of the university. Develops and implements systems and
processes to establish and maintain records for the operating
- Coordinates the preparation of reports of disbursements,
special analyses, and information reports for management; presents
recommendations for changes and/or improvements, monetary control,
and adherence to budgets.
- Coordinates the negotiation contracts for the purchase of
services in coordination with the university purchasing
- Develops or assists with the development and implementation of
policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization
to ensure efficient and safe operation of the unit. May coordinate
financial aspects of research proposals, contracts, and
sub-contracts, including the development of budget, proposal
preparation, and adherence to funding requirements; serves as a
liaison with university administrators, state, federal, and private
- Works with the Dean to develop and execute budgetary and
- Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of
policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and
implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of
- May represent the organization at various community and/or
business meetings; promotes existing and new programs and/or
policies. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as
- Oversees the supervision of staff personnel, which includes
work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates
performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions;
motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
Holds regular staff meetings.
- Oversees plant operations and/or auxiliary enterprises such as
shipping and receiving, order fulfillment, postal services,
building repairs and renovations, and printing services.
- Coordinates preparation of AACSB surveys, including the annual
salary survey and Business School Questionnaire.
- Supervises Administrative Coordinators, with the exception of
staff associated with the Reynolds Graduate School and Executive
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills including the
ability to resolve budgeting and financial issues.
- Project management and team-building skills required to
motivate and direct staff members with varying job responsibilities
in order to achieve common goals.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand overarching goals and devise strategies
for achieving objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and handle multiple
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High-level managerial and interpersonal skills and the ability
to interact in a professional manner with both internal and
- Expertise in supervising and directing work teams and building
- Thorough knowledge of faculty policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of general accounting practices including
University of Richmond accounting policies and procedures.
- High proficiency in Banner (Finance and Human Resources
modules), Microsoft Word, Advanced Excel, Outlook, and all other
Microsoft Office programs.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:Bachelor's Degree
from four-year college or university and experience at least 5
years of experience in related duties, preferably at an institution
of higher education.WORK HOURS:
- Full-time, exempt positionSALARY STRUCTURE: Pay Grade 8 (Hiring
Range $62,345.00 to $82,600.00 annually)EOE
Keywords: University of Richmond, Richmond , Director of Budgeting and Operations, Robins School, Executive , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!