Sr. Manager, Network Process Management
Company: Capital One
Posted on: January 15, 2022
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond,
VirginiaSr. Manager, Network Process ManagementWe are looking for
an experienced, diligent and dedicated process professional who
excels at building an effective and inclusive team. This person
will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail and
an ability to adapt to change quickly. The ability to influence up
is key to success in this position. This is an excellent
opportunity to continue your career in the field of Technical
- Serve as Team Lead and Product Owner over Network ITIL Services
- Process Management ownership for Change, Asset, Configuration
and Vendor Contract Management.
- Drive modernization/automation of processes through ServiceNow
and Network Automation Development Teams.
- Develop and maintain operational standards and controls and
provide support during audit engagements.
- Ensure compliance with departmental and enterprise
configuration and change management standards.
- Drive the creation of ServiceNow work instructions and training
materials in support of ITIL processes.
- Maintain Confluence and Departmental Websites and requisite
documentation and artifacts including but not limited to standards
documentation, operational runbook templates, training materials,
and workflow documents.
- Create and maintain key process indicator metrics reporting
leveraging SNOW and Tableau.
- Department Liaison with Enterprise Technology Change, Config,
Asset and Supplier Management Teams.
- Consult with other technology support groups as needed
including Product Engineering Teams as part of problem resolution
efforts, ITIL tools and process automation, and network resiliency
- Drive Life Cycle Management efforts for all Network Product
Team platforms such as: Wide Area Network Carrier, Routers,
Switches, Wireless, DNS, Firewall, Cyber Defense and Proxy
- This position may require some planned travel.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Significantly demonstrable experience deploying and/or managing
ITIL Services in an Enterprise Level environment leveraging
ServiceNow with high level understanding of Network and Cloud
Platforms. Examples include Proxies, Firewalls (PaloAlto), DNS, F5
Load Balancers, Aruba wireless solutions, SD-WAN, Cisco routing and
switching plus ACI solutions.
- High degree of proficiency with the ServiceNow Platform.
- Some experience and knowledge with scripting, PostGres, Tableau
Reporting and/or automation.
- Familiarity with Cloud based services and architecture
including AWS, Microsoft Azure and GCP.
- Familiarity with Agile / DevOps delivery model, industry
standard network management tools, and common application traffic
flow patterns in multi-tiered applications.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and lead a geographically
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, highly
collaborative, frequently changing, and sometimes ambiguous
- A bias toward action, along with an internal drive for
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills
- Discuss complex technical process issues with technicians,
engineers, and vendors.
- Assemble and clearly present process information in a
business-like manner to technical personnel.
- Lead and facilitate communications within the team, other
departments, and external third parties.
- Inform and influence management leaders and peers.
- This position supports our operational teams and as such,
periodic late-night work and participation in an on-call may be
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 2 years of people management or technical leadership
experience on a process management team
- At least 5 years of experience in IT Process Management with
Change, Problem, Asset, or Configuration Management
- At least 1 years of experience in Risk Management
- Master's Degree
- 2+ years of experience in Risk Management
- 1+ years of Cloud Services experience
- 1+ years of experience in Python scripting
- 1+ years of database optimization experience with SQL or
- ITIL Managing Professional or Strategic Leader, Certified Scrum
Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner or Project Management
- AWS Certified Cloud PractitionerAt this time, Capital One will
not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this
position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity
Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion,
physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment,
citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or
any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state
or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital
One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a
criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including,
to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction
Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections
4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair
Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal,
state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background
inquiries.If you have visited our website in search of information
on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you
require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at
1-800-304-9102 or via email at
RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide
will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent
required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.For technical
support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please
send an email to Careers@capitalone.comCapital One does not
provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party
products, services, educational tools or other information
available through this site.Capital One Financial is made up of
several different entities. Please note that any position posted in
Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United
Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the
Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp.
Keywords: Capital One, Richmond , Sr. Manager, Network Process Management, Executive , Ammon, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!