Business Development Manager (Technology)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Welcome to Vaco an uncommon company with an empowered culture.
At Vaco, we welcome talented malcontents seeking a collaborative
environment where creative freedom rings.
If you are feeling trapped in your current J-O-B, we invite you to
explore the career of a lifetime with us. Since 2002, we have grown
to over $750 MM in annual revenue and more than 40 locations. And
with no plans of slowing down anytime soon, we are seeking big
thinkers to lead us into the future.
If you are looking for a conservative, bureaucratic corporation,
Vaco may not be the place for you. If, however, you are a lifetime
learner who thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment,
- Ranked the #1 Best Staffing Firm to Work for in North America
by Staffing Industry Analysts (Category: 500+ Employees)
- An Inc. 5000 fastest growing private company in America every
year since 2007!
A Day in the Life
Your CTO client just called. She's in desperate need of an
Application Developer. Or maybe she needs an experienced Project
Manager to lead a critical implementation. As Business Development
Manager of Technology, you will work with a team of Recruiters to
fulfill exciting project and direct-hire positions in the areas of
information technology, ranging from Help Desk Support and
Application Development to Network Engineering, CIOs, CTOs, and
Duties And Responsibilities
- Establish and develop client relationships on an ongoing
- Conduct prospecting activities including phone calls, 'ad
calls,' skills marketing, email, social media, in-person meetings,
and other methods.
- Establish and conduct client visits according to performance
- Actively develop and maintain a target account list.
- Generate new job orders according to performance
- Manage open job orders from intake to fulfillment.
- Achieve performance objectives relating to activity and
individual Gross Margin according to job level and line of
- Consistently utilize Bullhorn to log all activity, notes, and
information vital to managing and growing a book of business as
well as planning daily activities.
- Collaborate with teammates to cross-sell and/or fulfill open
positions across other lines of business and/or national practices
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of
work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required
responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or
this description amended at any time.
'Best Place to Work' Perks
- True base salaries and uncapped commission plans that surpass
- Annual, FIVE STAR vacations (we call it 'Vatopia') for meeting
top tier performance goals.
- Annual world class training where all Vacotians, as we like to
call them, get together to meet, learn, and exchange ideas.
- Generous PTO that increases with tenure.
- Technology packages that include smart phone coverage,
up-to-date equipment, and top tier online resources.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k,
pet insurance, life insurance, disability and more!
At Vaco, who you are is more important than what you do. For that
reason, Vaconians are expected to act according to the following
core Vaco values:
- A Team First Approach, aligning with the core tenets: Proud to
Wear Jersey, Stay Team Focused, and Assume Positive Intent
- Self-Awareness, aligning with the core tenets Outlaws Welcome,
Stay Coachable and Be Comfortable with Healthy Conflict
- Solutions Oriented, aligning with the core tenets Be
Entrepreneurial, Be Electable, Fix the Problem Not the Blame
- Grit, aligning with the core tenets Work Hard, Stay Free and
Play 'til the Whistle.
Desired Competencies and Skills:
- Communication: Speaks in a clear, concise and confident
- Listening Skills: Attentively listens to understand and
interpret what is being said.
- Judgement: Forms reasonable interpretations about relationships
and situations that affect actions. Develops objective
- Marketing: Interprets, delivers, and communicates value to
appropriate target audience.
- Emotional Intelligence: Maintains a high level of
self-awareness and the ability to appropriately identify, manage,
and respond to the emotions of self and others.
- Written Communication: Develops written communication that is
clear, concise, grammatical, and influential.
- Adaptability: Responds to changes, delays, or unexpected events
in a positive manner; Adapts working style to best fit a given
- Leadership: Self-directed with an innate drive to succeed;
Accepts feedback with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Relationship Building: Builds, develops, and maintains strong
relationships with others while building trust and connection.
- Social Confidence: Exhibit self-confidence in social settings
and when dealing with others.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Bachelor's Degree plus 2 to 3 years' technology sales and/or
- Active member of the IT community, networking groups.
- Proven success in technology sales or staffing.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Experience with Bullhorn preferred.
- Able to work with a sense of urgency and meet tight deadlines;
Organized, detailed, and results driven.
Keywords: Vaco, Richmond , Business Development Manager (Technology), Executive , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!