Transportation Operations Manager
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Join our leadership team and help drive the continued growth of HD
Supply Facilities Maintenance! Reporting to a DC Manager, you will
lead, coach and develop 2 driver leads and team of 20+ dedicated
fleet drivers. You will create strategies for route efficiencies,
on-time delivery and ensure the continued safety performance. You
will start your day as early as 5:00 am with flexibility to meet
the business needs.Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree is a plus, but not required.
- Prior experience leading a large team of non-union associates
in a fast paced warehouse/distribution environment.
- Expertise on DOT policies and procedures.
- Hazmat knowledge is plus.
- SAP or similar ERP experience/knowledge preferred.
- RoadNet or similar transportation software experience.
- Samsa or similar in-cab video.
- Fleet management and asset management experience is a
- MS Office Suite, MS Excel for reporting purposes
- Must have excellent written and oral presentation.
- Solid proven history of making strides in employee engagement.
Other perks of joining HD Supply are:
- Monday - Friday - no weekends!
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental,
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Annual Bonus EligibilityJob SummaryLeads and develops strategy
for freight function. Develops negotiation strategies and manages
carrier relationships. Ensures customer requirements are met with
minimal service disruption. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Oversees the selection of transportation related carriers,
researching, qualifying and sourcing vendors.
- Ensures carriers meet company needs and standards through
evaluating carrier coverage areas, service levels, financial
history and pricing.
- Manages transportation service levels as a liaison between
locations and core carriers, evaluating use of approved and
non-authorized carriers to ensure maximum service levels.
- Represents company needs through analyzing and negotiating
contracts with carriers.
- Directs the integration of acquired companies to ensure
compliance with company needs and standards.
- Generates reports on productivity, cost, service, savings,
benchmarking, compliance, roll-out schedules and carrier
- Maintains and enhances TMS functionality. Monitors TMS
compliance and low cost carrier usage.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles, and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally
7+ years of experience in a related field. May require
certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
Keywords: HD Supply, Richmond , Transportation Operations Manager, Executive , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!