Company: HMI Services
Posted on: May 16, 2022
HMI Technical Solutions (HMITS) provides results-driven
engineering, design, and integrated solutions to the power, oil &
gas distribution, and communications industries. Best-in-class
services include design, asset integrity management, feasibility
studies, surveys, constructability reviews, and turnkey delivery
services within these core utility segments. With a genesis in
construction and a skilled team of multidiscipline engineers and
project management professionals, HMITS brings a deep understanding
of infrastructure to every project. HMITS is a subsidiary of
MasTec, a certified Minority-Controlled Company by the National
Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC).
The Project Manager provides project related leadership and
management for small to mid-scale utility projects for Power. This
position is accountable for all aspects of a project's success from
the initial bidding process, to meeting or exceeding the clients'
expectations and on through the profitable completion of the job.
Additionally, this position provides direct support to other
functional project teams in the planning and execution of the job
- Contract interpretation/dispute resolution.
- Managing project teams.
- Project coordination.
- Management of project controls and accounting.
- Training, mentoring and coaching designers, engineers, right
away agents, and permitting specialists.The Project Manager
requires the ability to work in an office setting, as well as,
Major Job Elements:
- Manages overall project performance (scope, safety, quality,
schedule, innovation, cost, resource issues, risks and customer
- Serves as single-point of contact, establishing, maintaining
and managing customer, sub-contractor and joint venture partner
expectations (where applicable) regarding overall project
- Plans, monitors, and controls the project throughout its
lifecycle (bid, contract award, engineering/design, procurement,
construction and close out).
- Reports project status and performance data including financial
results, physical progress, productivity schedule and changes in
scope to management, project sponsors and stakeholders as
- Ensures compliance with the HMI Technical Solutions established
Project Management Methodology (PMM), Safety Polies, Procedures and
- At a given time could be involved in any combination of:o
Managing a major project or a portfolio of smaller projects from $1
to $20 million with durations from several months to several
o Assisting in the development and continuous improvement of HMI's
o Assisting in business development activities, including
marketing, building estimates and proposals for various size
o Acting as sponsor to ensure large projects are meeting
expectations (safety, cost, schedule etc.
- Assists the operations department in meeting project completion
schedules and labor and material cost budgets as directed. This may
be a duty of multiple projects at one time due to size and
- Responsible for managing multiple Project managers or site
supervisors on different projects, ensuring the quality of
workmanship, safety and documentation
- Proficient at identifying and initiating work-around procedures
and working with project managers and supervisors to assist in
maintaining crew productivity during delays caused by other trades,
customer, lack of materials, absenteeism, etc.
- Capable of reviewing engineering design drawings, permit
drawings, job details, primary schematics, and any other relevant
- BS degree in Project Management, Construction Management,
Engineering or equivalent relatable experience
- 3-5 years of relevant Project Management Experience.
- Proven Engineering and/or Project Management capability within
the Utility Industry (Required),
- Thorough understanding of utility construction operations,
standards and practices, contract administration, contract
management, and standards required
- Ability to manage a team of engineers and designers to complete
all necessary engineering tasks
- Financial acumen including P&L tracking reports, have the
ability to estimate scheduling of material and man-hours and be
able to effectively develop a detailed (SOW) statement of work
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience in Project
Management Methodology along with a thorough working knowledge of
reading RFP'S, blueprints, specifications, contractual language and
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, verbal and written
communication skills required.
- Proficient understanding of CPM scheduling and associated
software applications (Primavera, Microstation, or MS
- Demonstrated ability to develop additional business through
strong Project Management, technical and customer relationship
- Travel (locally) will be required as well as the ability to
commit to long term on site assignments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office program, OSP record data base
applications, and computer aided drafting systems. (ex. AutoCad,
ArcFM, Asset Suite 8)
- Knowledge of MS Office Products (ex. MS Word, MS Excel)
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities,
Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. In
order to achieve the goal of ensuring a drug and alcohol-free
workplace all offers of employment will require the successful
completion and clearance of a company-sponsored pre-employment drug
Keywords: HMI Services, Richmond , Project Manager, Executive , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!