Manager - Software Solutions Specialist-GPS
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a
community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and
courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to
learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's
Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious
and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
- Understand and communicate clear knowledge of forecasting and
government cost accounting.
- Lead collaboration with business and technology teams to ensure
alignment of business solution definition and technical
- Exercises judgment and makes decisions in complex situations;
makes recommendations on complex issues regarding work within own
technical function, project components and tasks. May make
recommendations on new processes, tools and services; supports and
contributes to development of new products, services or
- Lead requirements definitions, development sessions and design
walk-through reviews with internal team and business
- Lead performance optimization activities in all
- Design and manage a complex system testing environment. Confirm
supportability of implementation plans.
- Execute complex build activities, integrate designs across
multiple technologies and projects.
- Responsible for defining and directing tasks of Specialists and
- Willing to learn new technologies: Workday Adaptive Planning
Releases, SAP HANA, SQL, etc.
- Troubleshoot Oracle stored procedures.
- Supports and troubleshoots production tickets for resolution
and root cause analysis
- Offers technical guidance to deployment discussions and
- Provide leadership with regular status updates and potential
- Manage daily progress and status of deliverables on
- Manage both internal teams and offshore vendor teams' project
delivery, plans, and ensure proper staffing.
- Monitor compliance to standardized procedures and best
practices and create new policies and processes as needed.
- Individuals will follow best practices and procedures as
defined by their community of practice.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's
success. ITS is the engine that helps to drive Deloitte, which
serves many of the world's largest organizations. We develop and
deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help
Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation
is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The -2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services internally
- Cyber security
- Technology support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Application development and management
- Relationship management group
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and
applications development team responsible for delivering
leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad
portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower
our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more,
anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals
through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business
lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale
design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics,
and innovative custom development.
- Bachelor's degree + 6 years of experience (or an advanced
degree) in computer science, accounting or related area
- 6+ years of experience working with OLAP in-memory
- 6+ years of experience supporting forecast/planning business
- 1+ years leading technical teams
- Experience in Financial Planning and Analysis tasks (Planning,
Forecasting and Analysis)
- Awareness of architecture standards design and implementation
(including strategy, user experience, performance, controls,
stability, quality, innovation, and enterprise security
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and
the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must have clear communications skills both oral and written
ability to negotiate in a non-confrontational manner to deliver a
clear, well-structured and concise argument to support your
opinion, using facts, pro's/con's, business justifications and
other persuasion methods.
- Must have ability to work in fast paced environment, balance
priorities and juggle multiple tasks at once
- Must be able to work independently
- Must possess a strong desire and clear understanding for high
- Must be flexible, have good energy, easy to work with and a
- Workday Adaptive Planning experience is preferred.
- Experience in Oracle stored procedure development
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and
reasoning skills to earn support of business leaders, technology
leaders, colleagues, and vendor representatives.
- Capable of building sustainable relationships with colleagues
and key individuals.
- Creativity and ability to think outside-the-box while defining
sound and practical solutions.
- For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado,
Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the
compensation range for this role. This compensation range is
specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide
range of factors that are considered in making compensation
decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and
training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We
would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would
land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will
be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A
reasonable estimate of the range is $105,050 to $175,080.
- Additional wording is also required around AIP and Incentive
Comp, if applicable. You should only add the following language if
your job is AIP and/or incentive comp-eligible.
- For AIP-eligible roles include: You may also be eligible to
participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to
the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends
on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and
- For incentive comp-eligible roles include: You may also be
eligible to participate in a sales incentive program, whereby you
may be eligible to receive certain incentive compensation amounts
based on achievement of certain sales goals set forth each year,
subject to the terms and conditions of any applicable program
Keywords: Deloitte, Richmond , Manager - Software Solutions Specialist-GPS, Executive , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!