Concrete Plant Manager
Company: Chaney Enterprises Lp
Location: Prince George
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Concrete Plant Manager manages the productivity and overall
operations of the assigned Concrete Batch Plant.Essential
- Oversee all plant operations and personnel at assigned plant.
Train, develop, and motivate employees toward accomplishing company
goals and objectives; perform performance appraisals as required;
respond in a timely manner to employee concerns and/or complaints;
and keep personnel records accurate and current.
- Hold regular meetings with assigned personnel to review safety
issues/concerns, provide information and/or training, update on
- Ensure that the concrete plant and related equipment is
operating properly at all times; inspect plant for greasing and
check oil fluid levels; grease & oil as required; keep plant and
equipment clean and free of excess material; ensure all material
handling equipment is working.
- Ensure all vehicles and equipment continually remain in safe
and efficient operating condition by monitoring preventative and
regular maintenance on vehicles and equipment and ensuring the
vehicles are kept neat and clean.
- Complete monthly truck audits on all vehicles at assigned
- Maintain adequate levels of all supplies and products (i.e.,
fuel, cement, admixtures, fibermesh, etc.) and maintain accurate
and current reports as required.
- Coordinate scheduling with Dispatch and monitor driver activity
to ensure customer needs are being met in an efficient manner.
- Assist Sales and Dispatch in servicing customers by addressing
specific problems, providing advice and assistance to customers as
needed, and responding to complaints and concerns in a timely
- Take samples and perform tests as necessary and complete
required documentation/reports. Inform Technical Services of any
quality problems that need resolving.
- Collect COD monies and tickets. Complete all required
documentation and deposits accurately and timely.
- Ensure that company safety regulations and policies are
followed at all times. Ensure employees have and wear required PPE.
Notify the Regional Concrete Operations Manager and the Safety
Manager immediately of any potential or current safety
- Ensure that proper procedures are followed and documentation is
completed after an accident or injury occurs. Notify Safety
Department as required.
- In an emergency or disaster, the Concrete Plant Manager is
responsible for alerting others and leading an evacuation if needed
at assigned facility/location.
- Ensure that all company environmental regulations and policies
are followed and notify the Regional Concrete Operations Manager
and Land Development immediately of any potential or current
- Respond in a timely and courteous manner to all concerns and
complaints from residents living near company operations or forward
issue to appropriate manager for response and resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.Work Environment:
- Work time will be split between indoors/office and
- Exposure to dust and fumes/offensive smells.
- Exposure to chemicals such as concrete, chemical admixtures,
truck cleaner, grease and oil.
- Close proximity to moving mechanical parts.
- Noise level will be moderate to loud.Physical Demands:
- Lift a maximum weight of 50 lbs., repetitively lift 50 lbs.,
carry approximately 50 lbs., and push/pull approximately 50 lbs.,
and pinch/grip approximately 25 lbs.
- Reach overhead and reach away from the body. Minimal kneeling,
squatting and climbing may be required.
- Sit 6 hours per day, stand 2 hours per day, and walk 2 hours
per day.ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONSExperience:
- 4 years' experience in the concrete industry.
- Prior managerial or supervisory experience preferred.Special
- Written communication, verbal communication, and basic
- Ability to use a computer and iPad, including Microsoft
- Ability to use the company dispatching system.
- Ability to compute basic material calculations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely
- State Certified Concrete Technician (must become certified
within 1 year of assuming position).
- NRMCA Concrete Plant Manager Certification (must become
certified within 1 year of assuming position).
- CPR/First Aid.Industry Related Experience or Skills:
- A basic understanding of both the operation and maintenance of
ready mix concrete plants and equipment.Education Required: High
SchoolPreferred Education: College/UndergradBilingual in Spanish
Keywords: Chaney Enterprises Lp, Richmond , Concrete Plant Manager, Executive , Prince George, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!