Sr. Director, Portfolio Management (Remote Eligible)
Company: Capital One
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, VirginiaSr.
Director, Portfolio Management (Remote Eligible)The API Platforms &
Services group supports a number of widely used platforms across
the company, providing secure connectivity between applications and
partners. - The group includes both front and back end engineers
leveraging agile methodologies to build high quality software. - We
are currently -200 associates on -35 teams in Northern Virginia,
Richmond Virginia and San Francisco. -This position supports the
ongoing delivery work, not only for the agile delivery teams within
the group, but also Agile Delivery Services for Technology, Product
and Design executives who share accountability for a set of
products and platforms delivered by Agile Delivery Teams. The Agile
Portfolio Senior Director typically leads a mix of Senior Managers
and Directors responsible for both the agile services within the
group as well as critical Technology Program Management positions.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Engineering
within the APS group.Our Senior Directors have:
- Strong technical background (ideally building Enterprise-level
platforms, products or services) with the ability to proactively
identify and mitigate technical risk throughout delivery
- Experience with different product delivery methodologies
(agile, waterfall, etc.) and the ability to apply the appropriate
approach to each situation.
- Ability to drive large-scale change, including the creation and
facilitation of senior level governance and implementation
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
- Systems thinker, a quantitative approach to problem solving and
a collaborative implementer to holistic solutions.
- Ability to simplify the technically complex and drive
well-educated decisions across product, engineering, design and
- Deep focus on execution, follow-through, accountability and
- Exceptional cross-team collaboration, able to work across
different functions, organizations, and reporting boundaries to get
the job done.
- Highly tuned emotional intelligence, good listener, and deep
seated empathy for teams and partners.
- Focus on personal and team development by constantly
soliciting, giving, and incorporating constructive feedbackDelivery
- Advances Product, Tech, Design, Business and Operations
leaderships' understanding of their respective roles within Agile
software delivery and influences organizational agility.
- Serves as an inspirational leader who attracts and retains
talent, creates high levels of energy and motivation throughout
challenges and obstacles.
- Their values and philosophies are well understood and are
contagious in all directions organizationally, resulting in
positive influence across teams and groups.
- Builds/maintains strong relationships with product and other
stakeholders and influences adoption of Agile delivery practices
and routines (has ability to have difficult and productive
conversations and pushing back when needed). Measurably improves
- Applies complex facilitation and dependency management
techniques to drive cross-program and departmental planning,
collaboration, and coordination. Facilitates trade-off discussions
and difficult conversations.
- Leads effective program level planning routines, such as
initiative refinement and PI planning.
- Helps establish governance structures where decision-making is
weighted toward empowered teams.
- Supports issue resolution and risk mitigation, escalating to
leadership - groups, as needed.
- Prioritizes impediments and risk mitigations based on impacts
across multiple stakeholders.
- Proactively seeks and confirms Agile Delivery Services'
customer needs and expectations across Tech, Product, Design and
enterprise functions. Maintains a good relationship with these
customers and advocates for all of them.
- Partners with Product, Engineering and Design to proactively
identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness
of program delivery processes and then create those
- Lead large scale delivery methodology transformations.People
- Builds a vision for Agile Delivery in their portfolio, instills
it within their leadership team and ensures it is broadly
communicated to their direct team and partners.
- Actively coaches and improves the performance of directs;
provides clear, actionable feedback on a regular basis.
- Consistently elevates new and up-and-coming talent to perform
in stretch roles, creating - the next generation of
- Celebrates individual and team successes with appropriate
recognition and rewards.
- Is an active advocate for under-represented minority
communities and activities.
- Builds a culture that fosters diversity, including and
belonging and helps build and mature diverse teams.Capital One is
open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.Basic
- Bachelor's Degree -
- At least 9 years of Project Management, Process Management, or
Software delivery experience
- At least 7 years of people management experience
- At least 5 years of Agile experiencePreferred Qualifications: -
- 10+ years of Project Management, Process Management, or
Software delivery experience
- 7+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years of experience in technical program management -
- 3+ years of Agile coaching experience
- 3+ years of AWS experience
- PMP, Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, or SAFe certificationAt this time,
Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment
authorization for this position -No agencies please. Capital One is
an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion
in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color,
age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability,
genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected
veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable
national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a
drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment
qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal
background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article
23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California
Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair
Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and
other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations
regarding criminal background inquiries.If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please
contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at .
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be
used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable
accommodations.For technical support or questions about Capital
One's recruiting process, please send an email to Capital One does
not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for
third-party products, services, educational tools or other
information available through this site.Capital One Financial is
made up of several different entities. Please note that any
position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position
posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any
position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines
Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Keywords: Capital One, Richmond , Sr. Director, Portfolio Management (Remote Eligible), Executive , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!