Landscaping Operations Manager - Midlothian, VA
Company: James River Grounds Management
Posted on: November 26, 2022
James River Grounds Management has an opening for an Operations
Manager to lead our landscaping maintenance teams. This is a
fast-paced role that offers a variety of activities including
meeting with clients, walking properties, and managing crews. Our
teams are our greatest assets, and we need a manager invested in
guiding and mentoring employees, as well as achieving company goals
and quality standards. This is a job that will keep you on the go
and give you a high degree of control within your team.
At James River Grounds Management, you will find a positive and
exciting work environment. We strive to impact those around us in a
positive way whether they are clients, communities, or employees.
This approach forms the foundation for how we run our business,
service our clients, and treat one another. We value diversity and
acknowledge that embracing each other's differences is critical to
our success. If you share these values, we want to grow with
*Principal Responsibilities: *
* Support and communicate company vision, policies, procedures, and
safety/training programs to all team employees.
* Be familiar with each job's specifications and ensure compliance
with quality and efficiency standards.
* Work with management team to map out seasonal work schedules.
Develop, communicate, and maintain schedules for maintenance work
on all assigned jobs, coordinate manpower, equipment, and materials
in a timely fashion.
* Perform inspections of equipment and vehicles to ensure that they
are safe and maintained properly.
* Ensure client requests are responded to in a timely manner.
Manage operational issues and quickly implement alternative and
creative solutions. Communicate proactively and work in concert
with the Client Management team to resolve client concerns when
* Manage and lead several maintenance teams. Participate in the
hiring and successful onboarding of new team members. Encourage
growth and development through training programs and succession
planning. Provide coaching and timely feedback to optimize
performance. Oversee and implement performance improvement
processes when needed.
*Education & Experience Qualification: *
* High School degree required. Associates or bachelor's degree
* 2-4 years of experience as a supervisor/manager with proven
ability to train, nurture and develop employees and determine
leadership skills in others. General knowledge of irrigation
systems and turf management programs.
* Possess applicable operating and/or applicators licenses
necessary for geographic area of responsibility.
*Skills & Abilities Qualifications: *
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the
ability to schedule multiple projects, prioritize work, and perform
several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
* Exceptional problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work independently with a high level of accountability
and responsibility for all activities of self and team.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to
effectively communicate to all levels of leadership, team members,
and clients both verbally and written.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality and trust when dealing
with difficult, sensitive, and confidential issues.
* Strong working knowledge of computers with proficiency in
Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Experience with Aspire a
* Travel required between client work sites, as well as other
operational sites. Occasional travel to facilitate training may
also be required.
* A valid driver's license with a clean record.
*Environmental Considerations: *
* Works around hazardous equipment with moving mechanical
* Works outside in all weather conditions, including cold, heat,
* Works around excessive noise from machines, requiring hearing
* Works in corridors with uneven terrain.
* May be exposed to nature, i.e., irritating plants and biting or
* May be exposed to fumes/odors, dust/mites, chemical and/or waste
* May be exposed to dogs and other animals.
* Work may be performed at varying heights above ground.
*Physical Requirements: *
* Must have the ability and endurance to perform tasks for at least
* Must understand and demonstrate proper safety procedures, abiding
by all OSHA regulations, with the ability to respond to emergency
situations in a timely manner.
* Must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended
periods of time.
* Must be able to wear PPE as necessary.
* Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous time a day.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the
position with or without reasonable accommodation. Individuals with
a disability who desire reasonable accommodation should contact the
ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.s
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
* What is the largest number of people you have supervised at any
* What is the most important thing to maintain a client
* commercial landscape: 1 year (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: James River Grounds Management, Richmond , Landscaping Operations Manager - Midlothian, VA, Executive , Midlothian, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!