Company: Hopewell Redevelopment & Housing Authority
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*SUMMARY: * To be responsible, under the direction of the Chief
Operating Officer, for the overall management of operations and
supervision of maintenance mechanics of the communities assigned.
Above all else, the spirit of teamwork and cooperation with other
team members will not only improve the job you do, but enhance the
entire work experience.
*DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
* Operates according to policy and procedure in rent collection,
including review and validation of records and collection
* Process request for rent adjustments in accordance with
established procedures, including obtaining verifications, entering
information into computer, etc.
* Monitor site budget.
* Complies with internal financial controls and operating
* Post charges associated with work order, late charges, etc. by
entering them in computer and generating notices for residents.
* Monitor expenses to ensure spending is within guidelines.
* Prepare reports in accordance with established procedures.
* Address resident concerns in a professional manner.
* Send/ Post all notices regarding compliance to rules and
regulations when a violation occurs.
* Hire, train, supervise and (sometimes) terminate site staff.
* Track purchases from order through invoice.
* Process invoices for correctness, accuracy, and proper
* Oversees the purchase of office supplies and other administrative
supplies for the property.
* Write advertisements if needed; obtain prices and place
advertisements (with Chief Operating Officer's approval) in the
appropriate publications for best exposure for the community.
* Complete and submit incident reports for all events that may
involve injury or damage.
* Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.
*General Repair and Maintenance*
* Log all resident complaints and dispatch maintenance personnel
promptly. Items covered under warranties should be reported to the
appropriate maintenance companies and followed up for prompt
* Conduct property inspections, and grounds in order to assure
adherence to established standards.
* Maintain records of the status of assigned units, etc. Assist
with security activities by communicating with security personnel
regarding specific problems, and participating in "knock and talk",
* Be available at all times either personally, or through other
site personnel, for emergency calls.
* Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance
services; supervising repairs.
* Secures property by contracting with security patrol service;
installing and maintaining security devices; establishing and
enforcing precautionary policies and procedures; responding to
*Tenant Relations: *
* Counsel residents who are not complying with terms of the lease,
and concerning delinquent payments.
* Refer residents with special problems, such as economic, social,
legal, health, etc. to groups or agencies that provide assistance,
or to the resident services department, as appropriate.
* Maintain liaison with resident services Manager to assist with
resident activities, address specific problems, plan meetings, or
support activities as appropriate.
* Resolve conflict and complaints among residents, if possible, in
order to avoid grievances.
* Recommend eviction if resident behavior warrants, and prepare
related documentation to support recommendation.
* Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals
from current tenants; explaining advantages of location and
services; showing units.
* Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant
complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units
and completing repairs; planning renovations,
* Participate in pre-employment interviews and make hiring
recommendations as needed.
* Interpret and apply personnel policies, departmental policies,
and other relevant policies and procedures.
* Review time and leave reports for assigned staff.
* Train or assist in training other site personnel.
* Prepare and review performance appraisals and discuss with
subordinates as appropriate.
* Counsel employees regarding job performance and document in
accordance with established procedures.
* Recommend disciplinary action as needed.
* The Property Manager is authorized to delegate authority to key
employees. The Property Manager's responsibility is always primary,
even for activities delegated to subordinates.
*SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: *
* Directly supervises *2* employees.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems *.*
* Bachelor's degree in business, public administration or social
science in an accredited college or university. A combination of
education and experience will be considered. Copies of diplomas and
or transcript may be required.
* Four years work experience working in an administrative capacity
in public housing or property management.
* Skills and written test will be administered.
* Knowledge of Authority policies and procedures, particularly as
they pertain to property management.
* Knowledge of Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
rules and regulations that apply to property management.
* Knowledge of laws and standards that apply to property
management, such as Fair Housing Laws,
* Work is performed indoors and outdoors, and may involve physical
exertion during visits and inspection of units and
* Work may entail travel to meetings, conferences and workshops in
* The employee is required to work unusual hours.
* Work involves the normal risk and discomforts associated with an
office environment and visits to outdoor developments, sites
dwellings, or facilities, inspections of structures and
confrontations with applicants and residents.
* Knowledge of property management practices of an Authority.
* Demonstrated ability to plan and complete work in a timely
manner, maintain standards of conduct, possess cultural awareness
and sensitivity, be flexible, be consistent and fair.
* Some knowledge of and skills in counseling and housing
* Ability to deal effectively and pleasantly with the public,
tenants, other agencies and other employees.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
* Ability to procure goods and services in accordance with
Authority procedures and in keeping with the assigned Operating
Budget for the property.
* Ability to read the internet policies and guidelines in order to
make sound decisions.
* Ability to prepare clear concise reports and make appropriate
recommendations within scope of responsibility.
* Ability to use basic office equipment such as telephone, fax,
copier, and computer.
* Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
* Ability to generate records, receipts, and reports efficiently
using a calculator and the computer system.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with peers, superiors, residents, community service agencies, and
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and multiple demands to
accomplish tasks in accordance with established requirements.
* Skilled in analyzing situations in order to identify problems and
offer possible solutions.
* Skilled in communicating with all types of people in a wide
variety of situations.
* Use of personal automobile for local job-relate travel and
* Valid Virginia Driver's License, criminal background, and drug
screening check required.
* *Communication: * Expresses verbal and written ideas and thoughts
clearly and effectively; good listening and comprehension skills;
keeps other adequately informed; uses appropriate communication
methods; adjusts approach or method to best fit the situation;
exhibits objectivity and openness to other' views; manages
competing demands; accepts criticism and feedback.
* *Accountability: * Arrives as scheduled, prepared to work; takes
responsibility for own actions; commits to doing the best job
possible; keeps commitments; removes threats to our customers,
colleagues, and properties; reacts to problems by solving them;
recognizes responsibility for the success of others as well as the
* *Teamwork: * Behavior, communications, and actions reflect
positively on business unit and
HRHA; provides support, information, and other resources to
internal and external customers of the Authority to further HRHA
initiatives, goals and objectives; actively contributes to
teamwork; balances team and individual responsibilities.
* *Initiative: * Seeks solutions to problems both within and beyond
area of direct responsibility; looks for and takes advantage of
opportunities; seeks opportunities to increase job skills,
proficiency, and knowledge.
* *Creativity: * Develops and presents solutions to improve
business processes; adapts efficiently and effectively to changes
in the work environment. Creates opportunities or benefits for the
work unit or authority.
* *Customer Service: * Displays courtesy and sensitivity towards
others; manages difficult or emotional customer situations;
responds promptly to customer needs; works effectively with others;
establishes and maintains positive working relationships; does the
right thing the first time; displays dependability; follows up and
follows through in every situation.
* *Integrity: * Follows applicable policies and rules in making
decisions and taking actions; complies with regulations and laws;
demonstrates honesty; observes the highest standards of ethical
conduct in the performance of their jobs; avoids the appearance of
wrongdoing; gives realistic and direct answers; if answer is
unknown, works diligently to find the answer.
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT: *
* Frequently required to stand
* Frequently required to walk
* Occasionally required to sit
* Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
* Frequently required to bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
* Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
* technical information, and/or use a keyboard
* Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 50
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,131.00 - $55,164.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Hopewell, VA 23860: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Hopewell Redevelopment & Housing Authority, Richmond , Property Manager, Executive , Hopewell, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!