Senior Manager, Enterprise Services Business Risk
Company: Capital One
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean,
VirginiaSenior Manager, Enterprise Services Business RiskRisk
Managers at Capital One are highly motivated risk and process
management professionals with excellent analytical, organizational,
risk management, project management, and communication skills.
These skills allow us to gain insights, and act as a change agent
to influence our business partners. A successful candidate for this
role will be able to operate from a foundation of knowledge about
third party management,and make sound decisions within the risk
management framework. They are forward thinking, quick to adapt,
and technologically adept. The demands and high-visibility nature
of this position require an expert with a proven ability to work
independently in a fast-paced environment and who can begin
contributing immediately.As a Senior Risk Manager in the Enterprise
Services Risk Office, we are the first line of defense to help
ensure our Company remains well-managed and avoid unnecessary risk.
In this position, you will play a key role in enhancing our third
party risk management processes across Capital One and driving
project and program delivery. -Specific responsibilities of the
Senior Risk Manager include and are not limited to:
- Develop and implement processes to provide independent analysis
and effective plans to mitigate risk related to the company's third
party management practices.
- Ensure effective governance by identifying, framing, and
presenting risk topics to be discussed by senior management in
enterprise risk forums.
- Advise and consult on the development and management of new
third party management policies, standards and procedures.
- Stay current on emerging risk and potential implications to the
company as related to accountable domain(s). -
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues, stakeholders, and
leaders across multiple organizations to achieve strategic
- Coordinate program-related activities and deliverables to
ensure effective collaboration within the team and across
- Lead a team providing risk consulting to multiple Business
Areas and is a thought leader in providing guidance to implementing
risk management practices
- Analyzes data and influences others to proactively identify
risks and trends.
- Balances multiple priorities to help drive business value and
support team objectives, while managing tasks and activities
related to risk management initiativesHere's what we're looking for
in an ideal teammate:
- You are a critical thinker who seeks to understand the business
and its control environment.
- You possess a relentless focus on quality and timeliness.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually
curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk
objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact.
- You're a teacher. You do the right thing and lead by example.
You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of
your team. You lead through change with candor and optimism.
- You create energy and an environment that fosters trust,
collaboration, and belonging, making it easy to attract, hire, and
retain top talent.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of experience in Process, Project, Risk
Management, or Audit
- At least 2 years of experience developing presentations for
senior level audiencesPreferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree in Business or Risk Management
- Demonstrates ability to drive results and communicate with all
- At least 5 years of experience in Third Party Risk
- At least 5 - years of experience in Banking or in the financial
- At least 5 years of experience in risk, or compliance, or
- At least 3 years of experience working with internal business
- At least 3 years of leading highly cross-functional
- Relevant professional certification -
- At least 3 years of People Leadership experienceAt this time,
Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment
authorization for this position.Capital One offers a comprehensive,
competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other
benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the -.
Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or
non-exempt status, and management level.No agencies please. Capital
One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and
inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color,
age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran
status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal,
state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with
a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including,
to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction
Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections
4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair
Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal,
state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background
inquiries.If you have visited our website in search of information
on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you
require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at
1-800-304-9102 or via email at
RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide
will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent
required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.For technical
support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please
send an email to Careers@capitalone.comCapital One does not
provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party
products, services, educational tools or other information
available through this site.Capital One Financial is made up of
several different entities. Please note that any position posted in
Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United
Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the
Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp.
Keywords: Capital One, Richmond , Senior Manager, Enterprise Services Business Risk, Executive , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!