Company: Residence Inn Richmond NW
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Compensation Type: Yearly Highgate Hotels: Highgate is a leading
real estate investment and hospitality management company widely
recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the
dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York,
Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean
and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company
provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle,
from planning and development through recapitalization or
disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse
portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and
independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and
digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue
management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving
market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value.
With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced
hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top
ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains
corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and
Seattle. www.highgate.com. Location: Residence Inn Richmond NW3940
Westerre PkwyRichmond, VA 23233 Overview: The Accounting Manager is
responsible for providing consistent leadership in the financial
area of the hotel by supplying management with guidance and
training. He/she is also responsible for focusing on the
profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely
financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal
control, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local
regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors assets.
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues.
This includes the accurate and timely preparation of monthly
financial statements for the property: cash flow statements,
management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control
mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate
recording in accordance with Highgate Hotels established
guidelines. Monitors and controls Hotel's cash flow and operating
- Creates annual budgets and monthly variance analysis.
Investigates and critiques variances to budget or to prior year and
offer practical improvement methodologies to management.
- Ensure hotels' compliance on all regulatory licenses and
permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper
execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to
management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and
advise management in maintaining the hotels' financial
- Complies with Standard Accounting policies and procedures and
internal controls for finance and accounting operations
- Timely reviews and approval of all balance sheet accounts,
including monthly bank reconciliation and general ledger account
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls
including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories,
hotel assets, master keys, payroll, and employee records.
- Successful completion of all internal and external financial
audits, including coordination of work with CPA firms and
delivering information requested by auditors on a timely
- Hire, train, supervise and develop staff, including coaching,
counseling and discipline.
- Maintain compliance with Highgate Hotels' standards and
regulations to ensure safe and efficient operation of the
- Directs or prepares all financial reports in accordance with
Highgate Hotels' requirements, meeting various due dates and
- Report responsibility - Weekly: A/R & A/P Aging, Flash Reports,
Payroll Reports, Revenue Updates
- Report responsibility - Monthly: Financial Statements,
Forecasting KeyStatistics Report, Cash Flow
- Report responsibility - Annual: Budgets, 5-Year Plans, 5-Year
- Timely interacts with Executive Committee members to assure
that property operations are on track and under control at all
- Monitor hotels' compliance in meeting required report deadlines
and due dates and react accordingly.
- Monitor the accurate production of the hotel daily operating
- Executes other special projects and responsibilities as
assigned. - Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of related progressive experience in hotel
Accounting or related field; or a 4-year college degree with an
Accounting/ Finance concentration and a minimum of 2 years of
related progressive experience; or a 2-year college degree and a
minimum of 4 years of related progressive experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets
and word processing and in the operation of all hotel-specific
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management. -
Keywords: Residence Inn Richmond NW, Richmond , Accounting Manager, Executive , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!