Senior Director - Software Engineering (Messaging Platform)
Company: Capital One
Posted on: November 10, 2018
West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, VirginiaAt Capital One, we---re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.Senior Director - Software Engineering (Messaging Platform)Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask ---what if?---. --Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Capital One Director of Software Engineering, you'll be a leader in crafting the strategy for our messaging platform, comprising of all consumer facing email, SMS and push notifications, and conversational messaging like Alexa, Cortana, and Eno. --This position is for a dynamic and strategic leader who can join teams that are already performing, and start making a difference from day one. You will provide technology leadership, with guiding architectural and design decisions. You must be able to provide career coaching and support for team members to develop their technical, business, and professional skills. You---ll be able to identify and remove impediments, while successfully driving towards key initiatives. Building and maintaining strong relationships, earning and maintaining confidence with both customers and business leaders are critically important responsibilities. Key Responsibilities
- Partner with Technology, Product, & Design leaders to develop and execute Capital One---s conversational messaging strategy
- Partner with Product leaders to develop next generation messaging capabilities for Capital One customers, including 2 way conversational messaging.
- Build and lead high-performing agile teams of 120+ software engineersThe Ideal Candidate must have:
- A track record of creating technology strategies and structuring them in a way for successful implementation
- The ability to identify, develop and maintain a highly resilient architecture that is geo-redundant
- Experience in building, maintaining, and motivating high performing teams
- Build partnerships across the enterprise and with product teams
- Knowledge of the latest messaging tools, methodologies, and technologies and a passion to say on top of tech trends
- The ability to negotiate and influence across the enterpriseBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor---s Degree
- At least 7 years of experience in Software Engineering practices
- At least 7 years of experience in People Management
- At least 5 years of experience with Cloud, Microservices, Architecture or APIsPreferred Qualifications
- Master---s Degree or MBACapital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position
Keywords: Capital One, Richmond , Senior Director - Software Engineering (Messaging Platform), Executive , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!