Senior Manager, Software Engineer (Data Science & Analytics Platforms)
Company: Capital One
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, VirginiaAt Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.Senior Manager, Software Engineer (Data Science & Analytics Platforms)We are looking for a passionate technologist with a knack for delivery to lead, inspire and manage a team of talented engineers to build intuitive, cloud-based platforms to support our enterprise Data Scientist and Analyst community. We have multiple positions open within this domain which includes the delivery of both single node and distributed computing capabilities (both CPU & GPU) for our users, leveraging technologies which include, but are not limited to, Spark, EMR, Java, Python, TensorFlow, Docker and Kubernetes.On any given day, you will:
- Architect, Design and code full stack data products within our AWS environments that will serve over 4,000 end users
- Work directly with end-users to define intent, understand priorities and deliver products in a highly collaborative and agile environment
- Ensure your team adheres to best practices for delivering high quality production code via unit test coverage, peer reviews, coding style standards, and documentation
- Lead, inspire and grow your team of engineers to help them reach new heights in performance
- Be an exemplar for what it means to have an inclusive, supportive and empowering team cultureWho You Are:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid of challenging the status quo
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You've started Meetup groups or taught courses because you love enabling others.
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences, your team knows their priorities and so does your manager.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and you wear your failures as a badge of honor
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you.
- Improver. You take pride in your work and have a high bar. You improve every piece of code you touchBasic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 6 years of experience delivering software systems or platforms
- At least 4 years of experience with Java or Python
- At least 2 years of experience with Docker
- At least 2 years of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)Preferred Qualifications:
- 8+ years experience delivering custom software systems/platforms
- 3+ years experience managing and developing an engineering team
- 3+ years experience with Unix/Linux systems & Unix Shell scripting
- 3+ years experience working with Docker
- 2+ years experience working with a container management solution (i.e. ECS, Kubernetes)
- 2+ years experience with micro services architecture, design and implementation
- 2+ years experience with RESTful web service framework
- 2+ years experience working with automated DevOps systems Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Keywords: Capital One, Richmond , Senior Manager, Software Engineer (Data Science & Analytics Platforms), Executive , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!