Executive Assistant to VP, Sales
Company: Phenomenex Inc.
Posted on: February 14, 2019
GENERAL DESCRIPTIONReporting directly to the VP, North American Sales,the Executive Assistant provides executive support to the VPs of Eastern andWestern North America as well as the VP, Global Corporate Accounts. TheExecutive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal andexternal constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the VicePresidents. The Executive Assistant also serves as liaison to the seniormanagement teams and the functions reporting into the sales; organizes andcoordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and overseesspecial projects. The ExecutiveAssistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, fromconception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times tohandle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.ESSENTIALFUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains executive's appointment schedule byplanning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel inaddition to functional meetings reporting into Sales.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting,inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, andgraphics.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching,and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting andanalyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, inperson or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protectsoperations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzinginformation.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizingfiling and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing relatedresults as needed.SUPPLEMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support all other administrative staff in back upsituations.
- Supports the functions underneath the VP, Sales with ad hoc requests, such as meeting or event coordination to include booking rooms and arranging catering, etc.
- Handle all individually assigned tasks; shareinterdepartmental communication; other duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Technical and business knowledge and analyticalskills
- Communication skills; interpersonal skills;teamwork & leadership skills
- Excellent typing, grammatical, proofing and editingskills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and follow-upskills
- Ability to work independently with minimalsupervision
- High level of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced level in Microsoft Office SuiteEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma; business school or collegecourses preferred
- Minimum 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience supporting an executive with globalresponsibilities or experience managing calendars and travel for individualswith significant global travel.WORKING CONDITIONS &ENVIRONMENTConsistsof an indoor work office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting,and low noise levels.AT WILL STATEMENTEmployment with ChemTreat is on an at-will basis, which means that either the employee or ChemTreat can terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any reason (or no reason), with or without notice, unless the employee and ChemTreathave entered a written agreement signed by the employee and a duly authorizedrepresentative of ChemTreat.EQUAL OPPORTUNITYChemTreat,Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationalorigin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status,sexual orientation, gender identity, or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Phenomenex Inc., Richmond , Executive Assistant to VP, Sales, Executive , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!