Administrative Director: Sarah Cannon Cancer Center (Oncology)
Company: Chippenham Hospital
Posted on: March 18, 2019
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
SCHEDULE: Full-timeSarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute at Johnston-Willis, offers integrated cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for those facing cancer in communities across the United States and United Kingdom. Sarah Cannon's cancer programs include individualized patient navigation provided by oncology-trained nurses, more than 1,000 stem cell transplants performed annually throughout the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network, hundreds of clinical trials, and molecular profiling capabilities. Through its services, Sarah Cannon is providing state-of-the-art cancer care close to home for hundreds of thousands of patients, a number unmatched by any single cancer center.
- This position will have over sight of radiation oncology, in-patient and infusion center
- There are approximately 50 FTEs
- We have two linear accelerators (TrueBeam) and one Gamma Knife
- We are accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- We are Brain Tumor Certified through Joint Commission
- Operational responsibility will include oversight and management of Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Johnston-Willis, to include, but not limited to Radiation Therapy, Breast Imaging Center, Out-patient Infusion Center, Hawthorne Education & Support Center and Ambassador Volunteers.
- Develop and implement oncology-specific strategic business plan that will result in the following:
- Increase in volumes, market share, and/or revenue
- Increase clinical quality and service excellence
- Engage physicians and staff
- Lead Oncology Steering Team by prioritizing clinical and operational efficiency performance improvement initiates, and facilitating these initiates to ensure they are integrated into the formal medical staff and hospital quality process structure.
- Coordinate with appropriate stakeholders to ensure compliance to American College of Surgeons accreditation, state and federal rules and regulations such as Joint Commission accreditation and VHQC initiatives for oncology related areas.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop an image campaign directed to the following audiences:
- Direct to consumer
- Direct to physicians
- Direct to referral sources
- Evaluates and coordinates with appropriate leaders and physicians on new technologies, market differentiation, research opportunities, and delivery of care.
- Actively participates in all assigned committee activities.
Experience:Must possess outstanding interpersonal, written and oral communication, and problem-solving skills. Possess basis PC skills in a Windows operating environment, specifically EXCEL, WORD, and Powerpoint. Must have knowledge quality databases, performance improvement, change theory, and hospital systems.
Preferred - Previous experience in Business Development or service-line management in oncology
Required - Master's Degree in Healthcare, Business, or Nursing.
Keywords: Chippenham Hospital, Richmond , Administrative Director: Sarah Cannon Cancer Center (Oncology), Executive , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!