---Digital Asset Program Manager, Marketing Operations
Posted on: June 15, 2019
7041 - CarMax Shockoe - 140 Virginia Street, Richmond, Virginia,
23219 CarMax, the way your career should be!Digital Asset Program
Manager, Marketing Operations Richmond, VA (Home Office) About this
job The Digital Asset Program Manager serves as administrator for
the digital asset management (DAM) system, which includes, but is
not limited to asset administration, system administration, process
management, compliance and vendor management. The multimedia-savvy
DAPM partners with Creative, Marketing Operations, Production,
Broadcast, Agencies, PR, Foundation, Product and Legal teams in
implementing digital asset management best practices for a
fast-paced organization. The DAPM will maintain and promote our DAM
system. The DAPM will be the lead in areas of strategy, user
experience, technical system maintenance, marketing processes and
procedures, communications, metadata creation and consistency,
training, and user support. What you will do - Essential
Responsibilities Asset Administration
- Responsible for managing, reviewing, sharing and enforcing DAM
best practices within the company.
- Manage content created by both the in-house agency and external
agencies including video, photography, tactics (print, social,
digital, broadcast) and related documentation
- Catalog content using company, industry and department
standards; lead the evolution of those standards
- Upload, organize, communicate and curate assets for various
business needs throughout the company (create collections, portals,
searches and other as needed).
- Act as the gatekeeper for all creative assets within the
digital asset management system.
- Retrieve legacy assets from Marketing file server and vet for
ingestion into DAM (review usage rights, etc.)
- Act as system librarian and develop best practices for the
creation and management of metadata. Define file naming system that
are rigorous and scalable, allowing users to quickly search and
discover marketing assets
- Upload assets to the DAM system and assist users by fulfilling
asset requests and guiding through asset searches.
- Provide asset download reports and metrics analysis.
- Ingestion of new assets (review usage rights, add metadata,
etc.) in DAM System Administration for DAM system
- System administrator for digital asset management system
- Collaborates with the marketing technology team with
user-acceptance testing, functional requirements, build tests,
troubleshooting, perform maintenance and upgrades
- Manage all administrative functions and maintain the DAM system
(register internal and external users, maintain accurate procedures
and records for the system, manage permissions)
- Ensure system is running at peak performance
- Responsible for user support of the platform by answering user
questions, troubleshooting, and resolving for standard user issues.
- Lead process improvements as it relates to asset management and
usability for both internal and external teams to improve quality
of asset data or efficiency of work
- Educate, facilitate and evangelize for proper usage of DAM
system across all departments and regions.
- Use data analytics to track performance to goals and benchmarks
and identify opportunities for development.
- Improve search functionality, perform scheduled audits, archive
expired assets and general cleanup of system and gather metrics and
user feedback to continue to improve the system, processes and
- Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory
requirements applicable to our business
- Responsible for providing all reporting necessary to keep
CarMax compliant in regard to image rights.
- Assure proper translation of contractual information into
rights management module in DAM to allow end users a clear
understanding of available usage(s).
- Manage and constantly monitor digital asset management system
to review assets are correctly categorized and comply with general
corporate marketing standards.
- Manage regularly scheduled auditing of the CarMax DAM for
expired assets on printed materials
- Removal of expired assets from DAM as well as work product that
contain expired assets
- Distribute CarMax assets to internal/external partners and
maintain their compliance with our license agreements
- Work closely with business partners to understand video and
photography shoots as it relates to usage rights and metadata.
- Manage third party relationships associated with the DAM
- Management of assets including maintaining bulk updates of
stock assets, maintaining updated stock inventory ingestion in DAM,
distribute and update stock inventory for Online Systems
- Ensure redundant backups of all CarMax assets as well as those
received from third-parties Other Responsibilities
- Stay current on latest asset-management technology trends and
innovations in the industry and at CarMax
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as
- Establish a cross-functional network of DAM SMEs at CarMax
- Explore integration of DAM system with content management
system and other CarMax systems. Qualifications and Requirements
- Exceptional client service, interpersonal and problem-solving
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing technology, systems and
- Self-sufficient and works well independently to diligently
ensure work is of high quality, thorough and delivered on time
- PC and Mac savvy including proficiency with major applications
and all current and emerging multimedia file types
- A team player when proposing insightful process improvements
that align with our company goals and drive efficiency
- Expresses confidence, energy and positivity in all
- Working knowledge of metadata management or database
- Working knowledge of communications mediums including video,
print, digital, social and the related production processes and
- Strong knowledge of DAM systems, metadata taxonomy, databases,
copyright and rights management issues, strategy principles and
concepts for assets and digital content.
- Effective decision making, strong analytical and creative
- Adept at extracting meaningful insights from multiple sources
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and collaboratively
in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication
- Foster a supportive and dynamic work environment
- Knowledge of creative file types such as Adobe InDesign,
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple
- Bachelors Degree, preferred majors: Library Science, Archive
Management or Information Systems.
- 3-5 years of digital asset management or related business
- Experience working with privileged and confidential media
- Digital Asset Management Certification is preferred but not
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office
Applications, and Internet Browser Applications.
- Experience working with client Digital Asset Management
- Experience with project workflow, basic design/production
knowledge of various file types.
- Rights management experience, including understanding model
usage cataloguing, restrictions, timing, and distribution Preferred
- Masters Degree in Library and Information Science.
- Working knowledge of Aprimo DAM or ADAM System, Microsoft
office and Adobe Creative software. About CarMax CarMax disrupted
the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and
high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This
innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has
helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with
over 200 locations nationwide. Our amazing team of more than 25,000
associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences.
Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and
achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are
recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one
of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For--. CarMax is an equal
opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon an
applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation
to complete the CarMax Job Application . If you have technical
problems when submitting your application, please contact us by
phone ext. 3888 or email .
Keywords: carmax, Richmond , ---Digital Asset Program Manager, Marketing Operations, Executive , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!