Registered Nurse RN ICU
Company: CJW Medical Center
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Areyou looking for a company that places integrity over their
bottom line? Here atHCA, our everyday decisions are founded on
compassion. Apply today and join ateam that is dedicated to serving
others in need.
Wevalue your contributions. Our employee recognition programs
encourage our teamsto raise the bar. We are currently seeking a
Registered Nurse?to joinour family. Come be a part of the
Why should you work at Johnston-Willis Hospital? Hear what some
of?our employees have to say about why they love working here!?At
Johnston-Willis we've been delivering top quality healthcare to
Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years.
Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services,
with specialties in cancer care?through the Sarah Cannon Cancer
Institute?as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private
rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and
neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife
Center.?The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Johnston-Willis Hospital
- 14 Bed?Unit
- Provides continuous 24/7 monitoring of patients who are
critically ill with life-threatening injury or diseases.
- Registered Nurses on this unit will utilize their skills in
advanced heart monitors, ventilators for?breathing assistance,
feeding?tubes and catheters.
- With an experienced and stable leadership team, RNs have the
opportunity to learn, grow, and advance either in the unit, in
other Johnston-Willis specialty areas, or across HCA
hospitals.??The Intensive Care Unit?Registered Nurse?provides
therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of
seriously and critically ill patients, in support of HCA ethical
principles and values. This includes continuous observation and
frequent measurements of relevant indicators of clinical conditions
- Nurses will provide direct access to patients for major
procedures and therapies, including resuscitation.?
- Consistently maintain competencies in hemodynamic monitoring,
dysrhythmia recognition, ventilator management, and other evolving
techniques as they are developed.?
- Recognize and be cognizant of the impact that a serious illness
projects upon a patient and their family.?
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating,
and documenting all aspects of patient care.?
- Delegates appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and
provides required supervision.?
- Works closely with all health care providers to facilitate and
coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.?
- Communicates effectively and maintains therapeutic
relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff.
Evaluates patient?s signs and symptoms; then records and reports
- Sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to
changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and
exhibiting good judgment.?
- Collaborates with physicians regarding patient progress towards
the outcome attainment.?
- Assists physician during treatment/examination of patient and
- Makes appropriate and timely notification to physician on
patient condition changes.?Qualifications EDUCATION:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited
school of Nursing (preferred)? ? LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:?
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state?(required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care
Provider (required) ? EXPERIENCE:
- 1 year of experience in a hospital setting (preferred) HOURS:
- Full Time
- 72?hours every pay period (every two weeks)
- Weekend & Holiday Rotations We offer you an excellent total
compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team
and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits
include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability,
tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock
purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk
to you about this fantastic opportunity. ?If you are looking for an
opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we
encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you
are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come
unlock the possibilities and apply today! ?? We are an equal
opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.Notice Our Company?s recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking?here.For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: CJW Medical Center, Richmond , Registered Nurse RN ICU, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!