Registered Nurse Coordinator Nursing
Company: CJW Medical Center
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Tucker Pavilion, at HCA Virginia?s Chippenham Hospital, has been
committed to the Behavioral Health needs of our community for over
100 years. ?We offer a full range of inpatient, outpatient and
emergency services for children, adolescents, adults and geriatric
patients in our newly renovated units.??Tucker Pavilion ? The
Leader in Behavioral Health:
- Offering of care continuum ? crisis team on site,
inpatient/acute care for all ages, partial hospitalization for
- Use of audiovisual technology to offer Behavioral Health Needs
assessments to HCA Virginia?s Emergency Departments?
- Partnership with the community in offering a Crisis Triage
- Injection of clinical pathways in programming
- Diverse array of therapeutic offerings ? yoga, 12 step support,
NAMI peer support, spiritual, pet therapy, gym on site, and
- Quality focus with outcome measurements injected into clinical
- Four Child Psychiatrists?
- Host site for Behavioral Health clinical nursing rotationsThe
Psychiatric Nursing Shift Coordinator will perform tasks under the
direction of the Nursing Director. Additional responsibilities
include but are not limited to:
- Facilitates adequate staffing by reviewing staffing sheets,
assessing needs and utilizing all approved methods to obtain
additional, competent staff.?? Accurately documents staffing on the
Master Schedule and daily staffing forms.? Works collaboratively
with the Clinical Coordinators and/or charge nurses to make unit
staffing decisions based on staff experience and competency, staff
consistency and unit needs.
- Maintains a competent staff through working with the Director
of Nursing to assess staffing. Deals with staff performance issues
in a timely manner.? Provides staff counseling as indicated.
- Assumes active role in monitoring staff time and attendance.?
Documents unplanned absences in Time and Attendance Notebook.?
Reports identified issues to Director of Nursing so corrective
action and/or discipline can be done.
- Conducts post discharge wellness checks on all consenting
patients within 72 hours of discharge.
- Assumes overall operational leadership on assigned shift.? Acts
as resource to unit staff and other departments as indicated.
- Works collaboratively with Intake staff to manage beds.?
Monitors in-patient beds and assists unit staff to maximize flow
- Actively participates in quality management activities
including facilitating completion of occurrence reports and staff
injury forms.? Facilitates corrective action for operational,
staff, family, visitor or quality concern situations requiring
immediate attention and/or timely reporting of same.
- Works on unit as staff nurse as assigned.Qualifications
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from an accredited professional
School of Nursing (required)?
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited
professional School of Nursing
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as
a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care
- Minimum 2 years successful clinical experience as a RN in an
acute care behavioral health facility (required)
- Previous, successful nursing management experience in an acute
care behavioral health facility (preferred)?HOURS:
- Full Time
Why joinHCA ? CJW Medical Center??
Matching 401KLow Deductibles for Health, Vision, and
DentalTeam?CulturePassion for patient careCareer Advancement
through ClinicalLadderRelocation AssistanceTuition Reimbursement
?We are an equalopportunity employer and we value diversity at our
company. We do notdiscriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender,sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.?
Notice Our Company?s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking?here.For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: CJW Medical Center, Richmond , Registered Nurse Coordinator Nursing, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!