Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery Physician Assistant
Company: Palm Health Resources
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Surgery-Cardiovascular opening in Richmond, Virginia. This and
other physician assistant jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
Cardiothoracic Surgery Group is hiring an experienced
Cardiothoracic / Vascular Surgery Physician Assistant!
The Physician Assistant is expected to provide patient care to our
cardiothoracic patient population. This position will be a well
rounded role with OR First Assisting, Caring for cardiothoracic
critical care patients and some clinic time. The Physician
Assistant is expected to provide high quality patient services to
our patient population. Aggressively pursuing opportunities to
improve patient care and provide excellent patient outcomes should
be a priority. The Physician Assistant should be actively involved
in performance improvement activities. Employed physicians
assistants must also be dedicated to assisting the Hospital meet
it's stated strategic goals and objectives and act in accordance
with the Hospital's mission, vision, and values.
The Physician Assistant examines patients in the clinic and/or
hospital under the auspices of the appropriate physician and
according to Virginia State Board of Medicine Regulations for
This position requires the following minimum requirements:
1. Knowledge of professional theory, practices and regulations to
give and evaluate patient care.
2. Knowledge of how to use medical equipment and instruments to
administer patient care.
3. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to
establish/maintain a safe work environment.
4. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and
techniques of physician assistants to provide ongoing patient
5. Skill in taking medical histories to assess medical condition
and interpret findings.
6. Ability to maintain quality control standards.
7. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
8. Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
9. Ability to communicate clearly and establish/maintain effective
working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the
10. Facilitate the same day access for ALL patients requesting to
be treated by provider.
- Graduate of a board approved Physician Assistant school and
passage of certifying examination administered by the National
Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- Bachelor's degree or greater Experience:
One year experience in health care as a Physician Assistant,
- Must hold a current VA Board of Medicine licensure to practice
as a Physician Assistant
- Must have a current DEA Registration
- American Heart Association BLS Provider required
- ACLS preferred Salary $115,000.00 - $145,000.00 Per Year
Keyphrases: surgery jobs, surgeon jobs, cardiovascular surgery
jobs, cardiovascular surgeon jobs, cardiac surgeon jobs, cardiac
surgery jobs, cardiovascular thoracic surgery jobs, cardiovascular
thoracic surgeon jobs, thoracic cardiovascular surgery jobs,
thoracic cardiovascular surgeon jobs, thoracic and cardiovascular
surgeon jobs, thoracic and cardiovascular surgery jobs, cardio
thoracic surgery jobs, cardio thoracic surgeon jobs, heart surgeon
jobs, physician assistant jobs, surgical jobs, pa jobs
Keywords: Palm Health Resources, Richmond , Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!