Medical Science Treatment Advocate
Posted on: October 19, 2020
TITLE:Medical Science Treatment AdvocateTitle:Medical Science
and Treatment Advisor (MSTA)
Reports To:Head, Medical Science Treatment Advisor Group
Location: Remote/Field Based
Indivior is a global specialty pharmaceutical company with a
20-year legacy of leadership in patient advocacy, health policy and
evidence-based best practice models that have revolutionized modern
addiction treatment. The name is the blend of the words individual
and endeavor, and the tagline "Focus on you" makes the company's
commitment clear. It represents and empathizes with the
often-difficult journey each individual patient takes to overcome
the challenges of addiction - a chronic relapsing disease.
Indivior is dedicated to transforming addiction from a global human
crisis to a recognized and treated chronic disease. The Indivior
logo radiates its patient-focused, holistic focus on expanding
access to quality treatment for addiction worldwide. The company
has a strong pipeline of products and candidates designed to both
expand on its heritage in global opioid dependence and address
other chronic diseases of addiction - including opiate overdose,
alcohol use disorders and cocaine intoxication - as well as related
mental health disorders such as schizophrenia.
The primary role of the MSTA is to support Indivior's risk
mitigation efforts. When deemed necessary and per leadership
directive the MSTA will review relevant Health Provider Data and
provide follow-up field evaluations related to that data or the
inquiries of Leadership in the form of an MSTA report which is
retained by the MSTA within Veeva Vault or an equivalent system
available at that time.
In addition to a collection of data for further company review;
these field engagements may also have an element of raising
awareness of the elements of the REMs Appropriate Use Checklist and
adherence to Prescribing Information as deemed necessary.
The MSTA may also support the Medical Information Unit (MIU). A
select number of unsolicited requests for medical information will
be escalated to the MSTA. Generally, these escalations will be
related to clinical practice topics. Fulfillment of these requests
will be documented through Veeva CRM.
Although these responsibilities are not all inclusive of the MSTA
role they are the primary roles and responsibilities of an MSTA.
The MSTA may also support other Medical Affairs functions such as
Medical Review Committee (MRC) and Promotional Review Committee
(PRC), MIU Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and response letters
as well as medical training.
- Develop and maintain a high level of expertise on topics
related to the current science of opioid use; leverage expertise to
provide accurate, evidenced-based and fair balanced information in
all educational activities and written communications with efforts
to help ensure optimal patient care and appropriate utilization of
approved Indivior product(s).
- Partner with cross-functional Commercial team members as needed
within the realm of PhRMA and regulatory guidelines/
- When requested use available data to assist in assessment of
HCPs and raise awareness of strategies on the prevalence, risks and
possible mitigation of opioid overdose.
- Upon new product commercialization and/or during post marketing
period, assist in the development of medical communication pieces
as well as evaluate the references and citations that support such
communication. Additionally, validate promotional pieces for
appropriate claims that can be supported via the attached
- Assist Commercial with formal Speaker Training when needed
- Represent Indivior at educational meetings and congresses as
- When unsolicited, share knowledge and technical expertise with
prescribers with narrowly tailored responses that address their
- MD, PharmD or Ph.D. strongly preferred. Advanced degree with
research and/or clinical experience in opioid addiction or pain
management will be considered (minimum 5 years).
- Strong communication / presentation skills, experiencing
speaking in front of large audiences a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience within the therapy
area of Pain Management, Psychiatry, Addiction Medicine and/or drug
- Flexibility of thinking in order to facilitate working with
many different professional disciplines.
- Pro-active, self-directed, self-starter with a high level of
initiative and persistence.
- Must be willing and able to travel 80-90%.
- Evening and weekend work required.
If remote, expectation is for position to travel, as required, for
key project team and management meetings, up to 30%
Indivior is committed to providing a culture driven by guiding
principles and top-tier benefits that match the importance of the
work we do. The Indivior experience includes
- 3 weeks' vacation plus floating holidays and sick leave
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan- Company match of 75% on your
first 6% of contributions discount and profit sharing contribution
equal to 4% of your eligible pay
- U.S. Employee Stock Purchase Plan- 15% Discount
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability
- Health and Dependent Care Flex Spending options
- Adoption assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Leverage Concierge/personal assistance services
- Voluntary benefits including Legal, Pet Insurance and Auto/Home
- Gym, fitness facility and cell phone discounts
- Our Guiding Principles, Core Values and Vision provide a
culture that unites and guides our employees.
Indivior's guiding principles are the foundation for each
employee's success and growth. Each employee is expected to
demonstrate understanding and adherence to our guiding principles
in their everyday performance.
The duties and responsibilities identified in this position
description are considered essential but are not limited to only
those outlined. The employee may perform other functions that may
be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add or change the
duties of this position at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: Indivior, Richmond , Medical Science Treatment Advocate, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!