Registered Nurse RN Surgical Intensive Care SICU
Company: Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
***For a limited time, Henrico Doctors Hospital is offering up to
$10,000 sign-on bonus to Registered Nurses with at least 1 year of
nursing experience. Current HCA employees do not qualify. ** *
Henrico Doctors' Hospitals is a 767 licensed bed facility that
consists of five community campuses, Henrico, Parham and Retreat
Doctors' Hospitals, West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover
Emergency Center. Henrico Doctors Hospital is a 340-bed community
hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We are a
Level II Trauma facility, offering specialized vascular surgery,
Neurosurgery, a comprehensive certified stroke center, orthopedics
and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national
trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant
Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery; we
lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci
robotic-assisted surgeries. HCA
- 63rd on Fortune s 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World s Most Ethical Companies
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Loan Assistance (Full-time employees: $150 monthly
benefit/Part-time employees: $75 monthly benefit) About Surgical
Intensive Care Unit (SICU)
- 12 Bed Unit
- Provides a high-acuity level of care to a wide variety of
surgical, kidney transplant, and medical patient at a 2:1 patient
to nurse ratio.
- The patient population includes critical care-related surgical
patients, trauma, neurological patients.
- In our SICU, patients are often connected to a host of
equipment, and receive constant, personal attention. Some of the
equipment involved in ICU patient care includes advanced heart and
Intracranial monitors, ventilators for breathing assistance, CRRT,
ECMO, vasoactive drips, Rapid Infusers, Non-invasive and Invasive
monitoring. SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- Performs and documents total physical assessment for patients
within unit Scope of Care.
- Analyzes pertinent data, communicates findings and documents
- Utilizes equipment and performs special procedures competently
as related to unit Scope of Care.
- Organizes and prioritizes nursing care for a unit specific
- Administers all medications utilizing the 5 rights to
- Initiates and documents patient teaching and discharge planning
including family and/or significant other in collaboration with
multidisciplinary team members.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge pertinent to nursing
practice in Critical Care.
- Communicates effectively with peers, supervisors, ancillary
department and other customers. See what the team has to say!
Qualifications EXPERIENCERequired - Current Virginia license or
license pending results of State Board.Preferred - One year
experience in area of clinical expertise of which
applying.EDUCATIONRequired - Graduate of accredited School of
Nursing with current license as a Registered Professional Nurse in
the State of Virginia or compact license.Preferred - BSN degree or
currently enrolled in BSN Program. We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer celebrating diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship,
age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender
identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected
category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Notice Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, hospice, mhb, nurse, nurse
clinical, psychatric, staff nurse, surgery, surgical
Keywords: Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest, Richmond , Registered Nurse RN Surgical Intensive Care SICU, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!