Wound Healing Nurse Navigator
Company: Chippenham Hospital
Posted on: January 15, 2021
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you an experienced Wound Healing Registered Nurse RN ready to
take the next career step from direct patient care to patient
advocacy and education? Apply today to become a Wound Healing Nurse
Navigator at CJW Medical Center and bring patient advocacy and
education to the forefront!
Chippenham Hospital (466 bed) and Johnston-Willis Hospital (292
bed) are the two acute care hospitals that make up CJW Medical
Center, and we are part of HCA Healthcare.
- 63 rd on Fortune s 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive
- Named A World s Most Ethical Company for 10 consecutive years
by Ethisphere Wound Healing Center:
The Wound Healing Center at Chippenham Hospital has under its
umbrella two departments, Outpatient and Inpatient. Outpatient is
comprised of outpatient visits with oversight from physicians. We
have two hyperbaric chambers. Within Inpatient we do consults
generated by physicians and/or nurses, and we see patients with
wounds, ostomy and incontinence. The Wound Healing Center team is
made up of highly tenured clinical professionals, with more
relevant experience (if totaled) than any other Wound Healing
Center in the region!
As a Wound Healing Nurse Navigator, you will function on the
multidisciplinary team as an advocate, educator and clinical
resource for Wound Healing inpatients and outpatients. You will be
responsible for helping ensure that patients who need Wound Healing
services at the facility receive quality, comprehensive care. In
addition, you will coordinate patient care throughout the continuum
in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. As a Nurse
Navigator, you will provide expert nursing care, which includes:
direct clinical practice, consultation, education, community
outreach, outcomes evaluation and research. You will serve as a
liaison throughout the facility and in the community regarding
services provided for this patient population. In addition, you
will assist in the management, evaluation and reporting of clinical
outcomes and resource utilization.
In this position, you will :
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skill, and coordination to provide
nursing care and guidance to the Wound Healing patient throughout
the continuum of care. Systematically and continually perform the
functions of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the
care according to the nursing process and HCA Virginia Wound
Healing Network standards.
- Provide education and information to the patient and family,
helping to make the care seamless, continuous and comprehensive.
Initiate and document teaching based on assessment of needs.
Respond to patient requests for information regarding the disease
process, tests, evaluations, treatments and available
- Function in an organized and efficient manner. Partner and
communicates with patients, families, the multidisciplinary team
and community resources to provide well-coordinated, timely,
compassionate and exemplary multidisciplinary care.
- Establish processes and collaborate with HCA Virginia Wound
Healing Network Leadership Team to ensure appropriate and effective
resource utilization. Maintain knowledge of current clinical and
reimbursement needs related to the Wound Healing patient
- Manage implementation of approved processes and monitors data
for quality outcomes, effective utilization of resources and
- Serve as a resource for community educational events, such as
health fairs, screenings, symposiums and lectures as well as staff
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with
medical staff, facility staff, Department Leadership, Senior
Leadership, and both external and internal customers.
- Pursue your own professional growth.
- Perform other duties as directed by the HCA Virginia Wound
Healing Network Leadership Team.
- And much more!
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who
we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
Check us out and Like Us on Facebook!
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing (required)
- BSN from an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in Virginia or Current
Multistate Compact License (required)
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support (BLS or BCLS) Health Care Provider (required) Experience :
- At least 2 years of experience as a Registered Nurse with
demonstrated proficiency in the area of Wound Healing
- 3 or more years of experience as a Registered Nurse with
demonstrated proficiency in the area of Wound Healing (preferred)
We offer a generous compensation package and a wide range of
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (*PRNs eligible for
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition
- Exciting Voluntary Benefit Options Intrigued? We d love to hear
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status."
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: care, care unit, ccu, intensive care, intensive
care unit, nurse rn, psychiatric, recovery, staff nurse, unit
Keywords: Chippenham Hospital, Richmond , Wound Healing Nurse Navigator, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!