Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER
Company: John Randolph Medical Center
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER
Full Time Midshift-11a-11p, 36 hours per week, rotating weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of an awesome-Emergency Department (ED)
John Randolph Medical Center, your local community hospital,
serving Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Petersburg and the surrounding
area since 1915. At our 147-bed hospital, you can access the
advanced technology and sophisticated treatments typically found in
larger urban medical centers.-A top performing hospital recognized
by the Joint Commission, John Randolph Medical Center has also
received recognition from the American Association of Respiratory
Care and our emergency room is stroke and chest pain
As one of the HCA Virginia hospitals, we deliver the best of both
worlds-high-quality, technology-assisted expert care in a warm,
welcoming and personalized environment.-Recognized for four
consecutive years as one of the Joint Commission's Top Performing
Hospitals and have obtained The Joint Commission's disease specific
accreditation for our Hip and Knee Replacement Programs.-
63rd-on Fortune's 100 List
One of the-largest healthcare systems-in the U.S.
Ranked by Fortune as a-Most Admired Company-for 3 consecutive
Named by Ethisphere one of the-World's Most Ethical
Companies-for-10 consecutive years ---
Why Join Our ER Team?----
22--bed unit, Includes a Psych safe room
Chest Pain and Primary Stroke Center
Normal daily volume is approximately 100 patients
Close-knit team and great-collaboration with physicians, other
units and management-collaborative environment
Gain a variety of experience with varying patient acuities
You will have passionate managers who will motivate you and who
champion staff to reach -professional goals--
What Will You Be Doing?--
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.--
We'd love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated
professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient
care in the world.-Why don't you apply now?
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree-preferred
- RN Diploma or Associates of Nursing Degree required-
- Two years of experience as an RN with demonstrated competency
in emergency department preferred-
- VA RN license or valid RN Compact State License
- ACLS and PALS within 6 months of hire
- TNCC certification preferred
- HCA will pay-for certification renewals once employed--
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they
need. At-Regional Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental,
and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your
benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs.
Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Intrigued?-We'd love to hear from you!-
We are an-equal opportunity employer-and we-value diversity-at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking-.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: John Randolph Medical Center, Richmond , Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER, Healthcare , Hopewell, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!