Registered Nurse RN Intermediate Care Unit
Company: Chippenham Hospital
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom
line? Here at
HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today
and join a
team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs
encourage our teams
to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to
our family. Come be a part of the change!--
Why should you work at Johnston-Willis Hospital?
Hear what some of--our employees have to say about !
At Johnston-Willis we've been delivering top quality healthcare to
Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years.
Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services,
with specialties in cancer care?through the Sarah Cannon Cancer
Institute?as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private
rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and
neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife
The Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU) at Johnston-Willis
- 17 bed Stepdown Unit
- Provides care for a variety of patients; specializes in
Geriatric care. --
- RNs on this Unit will utilized their skills in moderate
sedation, cardiac arrhythmia identification and treatment,
universal protocol, core measures, and trach care.
- RNs are given opportunities to cross-train and float to the
Intensive Care Unit.
- Experienced and supportive leadership team that afford the
opportunity for you to learn, grow, and advance in the unit
or--other specialty areas within the hospital or across HCA
What will you do?
- Nurses will provide direct access to patients for major
procedures and therapies, including resuscitation.--
- Consistently maintain competencies in hemodynamic monitoring,
dysrhythmia recognition, ventilator management, and other evolving
techniques as they are developed.--
- Recognize and be cognizant of the impact that a serious illness
projects upon a patient and their family.--
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating,
and documenting all aspects of patient care.--
- Delegate appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides
- Work closely with all health care providers to facilitate and
coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.--
- Communicate effectively and maintain therapeutic relationships
with patients, families, physicians, and staff. Evaluate patients'
signs and symptoms; then record and report results.--
- Set priorities and modify patient care in response to changing
conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good
- Collaborate with physicians regarding patient progress towards
the outcome attainment.--
- Assist physicians during treatment/examination of patient and
- Make appropriate and timely notification to physician on
patient condition changes.--Qualifications EDUCATION:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from an accredited nursing program
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited
school of Nursing (preferred)--
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as
a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care
- Full Time
- 72--hours every pay period (every two weeks)
- Weekend and Holiday rotations
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
student loan repayment, employee discount program,--and--employee
stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review
all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from
one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice Our Company?s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking--.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Chippenham Hospital, Richmond , Registered Nurse RN Intermediate Care Unit, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!